Which Way Do I Go?

Options
Riddle me this, MFP Community,

If you have a device connected to MFP that monitors your movements throughout the day and adjusts your calories, should you no longer manually log any type of cardio exercise? And, if so, which do you prefer to do, the device calorie adjustments or adjustments made by the type of exercise you choose to do? I love the adjustments made by my FitBit, but there's also something extremely satisfying about putting in daily exercise accomplishments.

Replies

• Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    If you have a fitbit and have negative adjustments enabled then

anything step-based let your fitbit pick-up

anything not step-based (includes elliptical) log by the time and it will overwrite any steps taken during that time (make sure your time zones on MFP and fitbit are set the same of course)
  • Kissynn
    Kissynn Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much!!!
  • AllanMisner
    AllanMisner Posts: 4,140 Member
    Options
    Just remember that calories in and calories out are all based on estimates. You’ll need to adjust these estimates based on how you are progressing.
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    Just remember that calories in and calories out are all based on estimates. You’ll need to adjust these estimates based on how you are progressing.

This +1 tech is good if it motivates you and your interest but everything is just estimates, so use some common sense and keep an eye on montoring on what your effort is and the resukts are, adjust accordingly.