lifting weights then started sagging?

Hi everyone. On late jan 2015 i started my diet and have lost 32lbs to date. I exercise daily: 30 to 40 mins cardio (running) and introduced weights around march 2015 esp for my arms. I started free weights 2lbs then increased to 5lbs. Its been a month and i do notice that my arms shrunk but a bit jiggly. Is it normal or should it be firm? Does this mean i have to increase the amount of weights or increase reps? I do not want to further sag. :( btw, im still about 40lbs away from my goal and normal BMI so im still half way through my journey but im happy with the accomplishment so far. :) let me know your feedback guys. :)

Replies

• morowinder
    morowinder Posts: 35 Member
    That's loose skin, there really isn't much you can do about it, it will tighten very slowly. You could build more muscle to fill in that empty space, but you need to increase the weight, so that you can only do 8-12 reps for 3-5 sets. Google some triceps and biceps excercises.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Doing weights doesn't decrease the fat... It merely builds muscles underneath (or helps maintain muscle mass if you're in a deficit). To lose the jiggle you need to lose the fat that happens with calorie deficit...

If you can lift heavier weights you should be doing so though ...