Prediabeties sucks

Options
I got a call from my doctor telling me that I am prediabetic. I was also diagnosed earlier in the month with PCOS which is polycystic ovary disease which can be treated much easier if I lose weight and lower my blood sugar. I have been watching my calorie and carb intake and have been walking 30-60 minutes 5-6 days a week but I fear that this may not be enough. Does anyone have any additional ideas or helpful hints?

Replies

• PatsyFitzpatrick
    PatsyFitzpatrick Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Hi,

My DH is Type2 and yes it sucks. Focus like your life depends on it. Because your quality of life certainly does. Your health will affect everyone you love. I know I am the spouse. Your PRE diabetes will become full blown diabetes with any major stress you fall under. Work, divorce, car accident, loved one death. Stress is HUGE to control your sugar. SO love yourself to take care of you first. If one hour is not getting you the results push on to two hours. Really. You will suffer joint pain, feet pain, poor dental health and yes you can go blind. Educate yourself. I hope the next time you post you say you are a healthy person who loves life.
    If you will not heed the warning learn to live on less. Disability is at most $2000 a month. Try living on that and pay rent buy meds and drive. You are responsible 100% for every choice you make. You choose the food, how long you will work out and the HELL you will place on the family if you become a chronic diabetic.
    I live in Florida and the last trip to Disney was really sad to see young 10 or 12 year old kids pushing Momma in a triple wheel chair.

So yes it sucks for you. Yet you can change.

Patsy