Just got a juicer, recipes please

megamom
megamom Posts: 920 Member
edited September 21 in Recipes
My DIL gave us a juicer. Right away I started thinking strawberries but I know there are lots of recipes. Anyone have tried and true low cal recipes to share?

Replies

• Denimgirl
    Denimgirl Posts: 87 Member
    My favorite juice concoction is 3 carrots, 1/2 green bell pepper and 1/2 of an apple. It sounds wierd but it is sooooo good!
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    I love fresh carrot juice with apple in it! MMM but I gave my juicer to someone on Freecyle locally. Not that I didn't love it but I found myself realizing how much more I enjoying eating my food than drinking it. :laugh: The crunch of carrots, or apples can't be beat.

Nothing in the world can beat "fresh" carrot juice though. The canned is plain nasty, carrot juice fresh and drank within less than 15 minutes or so is delish!:flowerforyou:

Enjoy your juicer:happy:
    Becca:flowerforyou:
  • Luckymam
    Luckymam Posts: 300
    I haven't got any recipes as such, but if you add pineapple it sweetens the juice lovely, and avacado makes it creamy!
  • LadyLorax
    LadyLorax Posts: 20
    mango, pineapple, carrots, spinach, orange, and a red pepper... sometimes a little bit of cilantro

basil, tomato, and carrot
  • megamom
    megamom Posts: 920 Member
    Baby carrots or the full size? Thanks for all the idea's
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    My absolute favourite juice is carrot, apple and parsley. It somehow ends up tasting slightly creamy. It's so yummy!
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Baby carrots or the full size? Thanks for all the idea's
    They actually sell juicer carrots, when I worked in a Healthy Food Store in NC eons ago we used huge ones. They were the sweetest ever. Perhaps you could try the regular bags in the grocery (since the cost is less as well) and see what you think. Then try the baby carrots? I used to use the good old full carrot and juice from the bag, no peeling or anything. Others may do it differently.:tongue:

Mango! Bet that would be good..oh looking down reading Heather75's post I do remember the froth on the fresh carrot juice. That's why I say, ick on the canned, it tasted tinny and certainly not frothy or fresh.:sick: :laugh:

Have fun!
    Becca:flowerforyou:
This discussion has been closed.