quiting smoking again!

Options
jaatree
jaatree Posts: 1,967 Member
I had quit smoking 4 months back (went cold turkey) and was feeling really healthy just because of that. but relapsed 10 days back.

going to stop it today. will stay off as long as it takes.

Replies

• Devilishdani
    Devilishdani Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I've been there and done that,quit for 2 months back in 2013 then started up again,am proud to say I've been a "non smoker" since New Year's Eve 2014 almost 5 months...my advice is stick to your guns if you want something badly enough it will happen...good luck!
  • jaatree
    Options
    yepp, it's a big lesson for me, giving in to the temptation was so easy, and within 10 days my skin glow totally went down. no more.

no matter how bad the circumstances get, im not touching the stick bcoz of depression or anxiety.
  • mwyvr
    mwyvr Posts: 1,883 Member
    Options
    Putting your goal out there in public makes it easier to stick with your plan. Keep posting your progress, do it every day if it helps - it isn't bragging, it's accountability and there's no doubt it will help! Congratulations on taking this important step for your health and longevity.
  • jaatree
    Options
    thanks for ur inspiration and advise. Id definately try to update my progress here. first target is 10 days but actual target is 100 days. i.e. 7 August. hoping to achieve both. cheers!
  • loconnor466
    loconnor466 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I just celebrated 2 years smoke free on April 15th. After over 20 years of smoking. I did it cold turkey and found this website and FB page very helpful for support, whyquit.com. You can do it, it is so worth it. It was my first step to getting healthy, after gaining about 20 pounds on top of the 70 I was already carrying, I found MFP and thank goodness I did! I have not lost all the weight yet, only 45# so far, but I am so much healthier and happier! Good Luck!
  • cdavid225
    cdavid225 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm right there with you! In August of 2011 I quit smoking after 10+ years and kept at it until last March when I started back up. Over one year of being a relapsed smoker and I decided that I was ready to quit again. I downloaded the LiveStrong app. It allows you to track cravings and there's community support, badges for awards, etc.

Good luck, and keep at it! I've been smoke free for 2 days and am just trying to wrack up the benefits in my mind. My fingers and hair don't reek anymore, I don't have to apologize and step outside when I'm on a date, food already tastes better, I'm not spending nearly $30/week ... reminding myself of these things helps me fight the urge to run across the street to buy a pack.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    I quit 138 days ago...using a vaporizer...love that thing. Keep at it and if you find yourself faltering try one without nicotine
  • natalie3505
    natalie3505 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I've been cigarette free for 3 years thanks to my e-cig. I am at almost no nicotine now and basically use it for the "hand to mouth" fixation. You can do it! However works best for you. :smile:
  • healthygreek
    healthygreek Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    They say the more times you quit, the more likely you are to stay quit forever! Keep going and never give up. It's so worth it!
    When you are anxious, breath deeply. Meditation helps a lot.
    Drink plenty of water to flush out the nicotine.
    Suck on cinammon sticks.
    Exercise more to ease anxiety-even going for a walk helps.
    Chew sugar free gum.
    I've been quit over 10 years and I love it!
  • mamabear1114
    mamabear1114 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    "Quitting smoking is the easiest thing in the world. I should know, because I've done it about 1,000 times."
    I quit smoking last year in March. I have relapsed twice since then, but now it makes me feel like *kitten*! You will get there! Much respect to you for making the first step! I know I was angry as hell for awhile, lol. Good luck! :)
  • britt01any
    britt01any Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I quit smoking on December 15 2013. After smoking for 17 years. Haven't had one since!! Feeling like I have done a wonderful thing for my body, I will say I have gained 25 lbs. Hence why I am using MFP. I Will take the weight issue over cigarettes. Stay strong and healthy!!