Need support...can't keep this up

Options
Hi everyone--
I use MFP as a support tool to help me stick to a meal plan I have been on for three years as part of recovery from an eating disorder I have had since age 6. In an effort to not restrict, I stayed up till 5 AM to finish meal plan (didn't get home from work till 2 AM instead of 9pm as planned). My meal timing continues to be horrible like this and I don't know whether to feel disgusted. Also, when is it okay to prioritize sleep and normalcy first and write off one day as okay to restrict as long as get back on track next day. Feel I just need a timing reset day to help me get back on track.I've been having to stay up till 4 or 5 am to finish my meals. I just can't keep doing this. It's not normal. Luckily have a two week break from classes so can sleep in, but after that it's back to 8 am classes for my master's degree.
Of course, Thurs can't eat after midnight because of surgery so maybe that day be the day. I don't know what to do, but can't keep doing this....plus...it's messing with the scale and wt jumped up a ton last night (almost back at highest weight been in months, almost whoel 3 lbs). Maybe tomorrow be the day I start new timing. New rule, all food done by 1 AM and then by 12 AM. If don't get all meals/snacks in oh well. Just don't know how that gonna work with serving shifts...is it okay to just cut off eating at certain time? Or is getting intake more important?

Replies

• jess1992uga
    jess1992uga Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    and I can't just start eating earlier either because one of my meds is timed around the last time you ate. So if I eat later, can't take the med till later, and then can't eat for 2-3 hours after taking. Want to get back to the days I was done eating by 10pm and even that late freaked me out...but that was a year ago..
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    what does your doctor/recovery team suggest?
  • jess1992uga
    jess1992uga Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    Only see a therapist and don't have appointment for two weeks.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    This way out does me on experience in this area. I can't help with schedules and timing. This is personally something you need help from your therapist.

Also you throw in surgery... and you use the word "can't" alot..

Yes you need to reassess your daily routine and schedules.. I am sorry that we cannot do that for you and since you still have an ED it appears you need to continue with therapy.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    I have seen you here in the forums in the past as I have posted to you before.. I took a peak at your profile and picture and recognized you.

You still have ED and it appears you are still struggling greatly.. continue with your therapy..
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Only see a therapist and don't have appointment for two weeks.

ring and try an get an appointment sooner, you're obviously struggling.