Aunt Flo!

Sorry Guys, this is a questions for the Ladies... So ladies I'm curious, How much do u gain when it's ur time of the month? I know everyone is different I'm just curious to see how different we all are! How do u deal with ur cravings? And working out, bc I tend to shy away during my time of the month. Thanks!
«1

Replies

  • Cardio4Cupcakes
    Cardio4Cupcakes Posts: 289 Member
    I only weigh once a month, and not during my period lol. I still work out, it actually helps me. I just take a Midol beforehand. Cravings, I pick and choose. Most of the time my cravings come the week before. But like today I just started, and I have peanut butter M&Ms at home, so I fit them into my day macro and calorie wise.
  • nstock
    nstock Posts: 135 Member
    I gain at least 2-3lbs, although on the first day I feel SO bloated, and about 20lbs heavier. I am definitely not perfect the week before when it comes to my diet... and I'll munch on stuff I shouldn't, however I still hit the gym! Sometimes I find my workouts aren't as good as normal (can't lift as heavy, or get tired quicker) but I still show up and do my best! Working out is supposed to help with cramps and stuff too. Also, I've read that you actually burn more calories when you're on your period, so even more reason to go work out! :)
  • suruda
    suruda Posts: 1,233 Member
    I still work out, I gain a couple of pounds but they go away quickly. Sometimes I'll take midol, I find that when I do to reduce cramps and bloat, the cravings are better too. I'm so over Aunt Flo...I would like her to stop visiting please! (I'm 50 so anytime now!)
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    3-5 pounds fluctuation. Since it doesn't stay, it's not a gain.
  • noclady1995
    noclady1995 Posts: 452 Member
    I tend to fluctuate about 3 lbs during that time of the month. It sucks, and I always totally feel bloated and puffy and gross. Thankfully it's only a few days! :)
  • Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    I can "gain" around 5-6 pounds, more if I give into my salt tooth and have more water weight.

  • MK24551
    MK24551 Posts: 174 Member
    Thanks ladies! This is my first time with Aunt Flo since I started. She sure is a nasty visitor!
  • MK24551
    MK24551 Posts: 174 Member
    JaneWhiton wrote: »
    MK24551 wrote: »
    Sorry Guys, this is a questions for the Ladies... So ladies I'm curious, How much do u gain when it's ur time of the month? I know everyone is different I'm just curious to see how different we all are! How do u deal with ur cravings? And working out, bc I tend to shy away during my time of the month. Thanks!

    THE CALORIC HYPOTHESIS HAS NO PREDICTIVE POWER.

    Jane what do u mean? I'm asking bc I'm curious how it has affected other women. I don't understand ur comment!
  • JenniDaisy
    JenniDaisy Posts: 526 Member
    JaneWhiton wrote: »
    MK24551 wrote: »
    Sorry Guys, this is a questions for the Ladies... So ladies I'm curious, How much do u gain when it's ur time of the month? I know everyone is different I'm just curious to see how different we all are! How do u deal with ur cravings? And working out, bc I tend to shy away during my time of the month. Thanks!

    THE CALORIC HYPOTHESIS HAS NO PREDICTIVE POWER.

    LOUD NOISES

  • Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    MK24551 wrote: »
    JaneWhiton wrote: »
    MK24551 wrote: »
    Sorry Guys, this is a questions for the Ladies... So ladies I'm curious, How much do u gain when it's ur time of the month? I know everyone is different I'm just curious to see how different we all are! How do u deal with ur cravings? And working out, bc I tend to shy away during my time of the month. Thanks!

    THE CALORIC HYPOTHESIS HAS NO PREDICTIVE POWER.

    Jane what do u mean? I'm asking bc I'm curious how it has affected other women. I don't understand ur comment!

    I'm 98% sure its a spam bot of some sort. I've seen them post this in other threads.
  • harpsdesire
    harpsdesire Posts: 190 Member
    I gain about 3 pounds. As for cravings... I just fit them in to my calorie goal as best I can, and since I generally don't feel well enough to do anything too energetic, I try to at least get in a walk, which also helps me feel better.
  • atypicalsmith
    atypicalsmith Posts: 2,742 Member
    Quick menopause at age 44, don't have to worry about it :wink:
  • BigLifter10
    BigLifter10 Posts: 1,151 Member
    nstock wrote: »
    I gain at least 2-3lbs, although on the first day I feel SO bloated, and about 20lbs heavier. I am definitely not perfect the week before when it comes to my diet... and I'll munch on stuff I shouldn't, however I still hit the gym! Sometimes I find my workouts aren't as good as normal (can't lift as heavy, or get tired quicker) but I still show up and do my best! Working out is supposed to help with cramps and stuff too. Also, I've read that you actually burn more calories when you're on your period, so even more reason to go work out! :)


    This is me exactly. Hate that feeling! Doesn't matter how much water I drink or sodium I cut out...bleh. Gotta love doing lying leg curls at that time....bleh. However, two days after it's over with, everything feels great, smooth and flat! I love that week. ;)
  • MzKitty421
    MzKitty421 Posts: 4 Member
    Ugh, Aunt Flo... I usually gain about 3-5lbs. I'm trying to figure out the best way to eat for that time (all throughout the month, getting enough iron, protein, etc) to counteract it because it throws me so bad!!! Not just bloating/puffiness, but aches, fatigue, irritability, weakness, crappy feeling overall. Been getting it for 26 years, you'd think I'd be a little more in tune, but no. All of a sudden, I'll be wondering why I feel so horrid. Then my boobs will start to hurt then it dawns on me what's coming up. I was hoping since I've never had kids, I'd go into early menopause (I'm 37, guess that's too early!!). But then again, menopause comes with it's own set of issues.
  • NobodyPutsAmyInTheCorner
    NobodyPutsAmyInTheCorner Posts: 1,018 Member
    I actually lost 1lb this month. Was quite shocked as I'm usually the size of a water buffalo on my period ha ha!
  • myturn15
    myturn15 Posts: 27 Member
    At least 5lb. for me, if I am luckly. The weight stays for 5 days and then is gone the next morning.
  • rocknlotsofrolls
    rocknlotsofrolls Posts: 418 Member
    I just started Aunt Flo, and I feel like I've been run over by a steam roller. I have no energy, my period is so heavy I cannot wear tampons, and I'm craving junk. I'm just gonna do my walking, and eat my junk, but stay within my calorie range, so I should be fine.
  • ElizabethKalmbach
    ElizabethKalmbach Posts: 1,416 Member
    5-6 lbs of water picked up overnight. Usually fade back in about a week. >_<
  • liekewheeless
    liekewheeless Posts: 416 Member
    My weight does some interesting acrobatics around that time. First it will drop (yes DROP) about 1.5 to 2 lb. Then it will go up about 5lb from there. So technically a 3 or so pound gain. Then it will slowly go back down over the next week to starting weight or just below if I actually lost some during that time.