Losing weight after injury

waibashi
waibashi Posts: 5 Member
edited April 2015 in Health and Weight Loss
Hi guys

These last weeks have been a nightmare for me. I got diagnose with a Arnold Neuralgia and I've been heavily medicated since then (anti inflammatory and muscle relaxant. Which I take only nights now). I'm getting an "infiltration" next week which should stop messing with my head.

The last proper workout I got was on March 20. Since. That time, I've gained around 10lbs (thanks to multiple doctors visits). I went back yesterday to the gym and was able to do my workout without any pain! Yay!

I still have 2 weeks sick leave and I want to use those to get back in shape and lose that unnecessary gain. Before getting hurt, I just completed 1 cycle of Jim Stoppani Shortcut to Size.

My question. Should I continue doing that workout? My injury isn't linked to my workout. It more because of my job (desk and computer work). I wanna lose weight but I wanna regain my strength. Currently I lost 25% of my previous loads.

At this point, I am depressed, confused and angry. I'm seeking help to put me back on the right path. I am not a gym guru, I don't know much workout plans. I usually ask friends who works in the field to make me plans.

Thanks!

Replies

• Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    If you can work out, do so. Remember, weight loss comes from a deficit, not the work out.
  • DemoraFairy
    DemoraFairy Posts: 1,806 Member
    As long as you eat in a calorie deficit, you'll lose weight. So work out if you can, but if you can't it won't stop you losing weight.
  • astralpictures
    astralpictures Posts: 218 Member
    Did you really gain 10 lbs of fat in 5 weeks? Or is it just water weight? You'd have to eat 7000 extra calories a week to gain that much, which is possible I suppose. Concentrate more on what you eat than what you do in the gym to lose that weight.
  • angelexperiment
    angelexperiment Posts: 1,917 Member
    Hi there. I don't know about what you have or what you can or cant do. Bit maybe low impact stuff like walking, yoga, low impact cardio like debbie seibers slim in 6, stretches etc. So as not to inflame muscles. I do workout with chronic pain so I avoid or do alternate moves on certain exercises to avoid flares.
  • waibashi
    waibashi Posts: 5 Member
    Alright guys, thanks for the advice. i got my injection today and I was told to rest it easy.

Resuming workout tommorow, I started running again, I think I cut down the water gain that I had.

feels good to be back.