Advice/Help, please.

Options
I will start by telling you what I am doing, you can tell me if it is major and important I stop these things.
1. I exercise rigorously 15 minutes a day doing hard cardio, I never report it on my diary. I do this to hopefully give me an edge so I might burn way more than I eat.
2. I often under eat from what the goal for the day is
3. I know this one needs to change, but I eat a limited amount of vegis. This I know needs to change.
I started this at 275, I am now 279, nothing a couple days can't undo but I figured I should reach out and get some advice before i go any further

Replies

• DemoraFairy
    DemoraFairy Posts: 1,806 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    1. Nothing wrong with that, plenty of people don't eat their exercise calories back.
    2. You should try to eat your calorie allowance, or at least get as close as you can - it's a goal, not a limit. Being considerably under once in a while won't hurt, but try not to make it a habit.
    3. Yeah, vegetables are good, try to eat them. Just don't think that not eating enough veggies will stop your weight loss.

Make sure you're counting your calories accurately. Weigh everything. Vegetables, butter, sauces, everything needs to be weighed. Do that, keep to your calorie goal, and you'll lose weight. Oh, and read the sticky threads in this forum, they're very useful.
  • Ian8567
    Ian8567 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    1. Nothing wrong with that, plenty of people don't eat their exercise calories back.
    2. You should try to eat your calorie allowance, or at least get as close as you can - it's a goal, not a limit. Being considerably under once in a while won't hurt, but try not to make it a habit.
    3. Yeah, vegetables are good, try to eat them. Just don't think that not eating enough veggies will stop your weight loss.

Make sure you're counting your calories accurately. Weigh everything. Vegetables, butter, sauces, everything needs to be weighed. Do that, keep to your calorie goal, and you'll lose weight. Oh, and read the sticky threads in this forum, they're very useful.
    Thank you!
  • kikichewie
    kikichewie Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    You could start increasing the duration of your cardio. 15 minutes isn't a lot as far as calorie burning goes, and if you're new to exercising, you may be pushing too hard too quickly and risk injury. You could even just walk and increase it by five minutes per walk every week. Then work on picking up the pace.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Walking is good. Also, make sure that you are eating your protein. It does not matter whether ofr not you eat vegetables. Eat up to your calorie limit. B)
  • ChrissyLee2014
    ChrissyLee2014 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I will start by telling you what I am doing, you can tell me if it is major and important I stop these things.
    1. I exercise rigorously 15 minutes a day doing hard cardio, I never report it on my diary. I do this to hopefully give me an edge so I might burn way more than I eat.
    3. I know this one needs to change, but I eat a limited amount of vegis. This I know needs to change.
    I started this at 275, I am now 279, nothing a couple days can't undo but I figured I should reach out and get some advice before i go any further

I agree with DemoraFairy, it sounds like you may not be eating enough. That will put your body into starvation mode to where it holds onto fat to preserve itself.

I always gain weight myself when I first start trying to lose. My issue is water, I know I don't drink enough.

• SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options

I agree with DemoraFairy, it sounds like you may not be eating enough. That will put your body into starvation mode to where it holds onto fat to preserve itself.

I always gain weight myself when I first start trying to lose. My issue is water, I know I don't drink enough.

bolded is false

OP your diary is closed so it's hard to really tell but if this is new for you the exercise can be causing water retention.

If you've been exercising for over a month now then it's probably your logging...do you use a food scale? log everyday everything accurately and consistently?

• Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    What is your calorie goal and by how much do you undereat on average?
  • IsaackGMOON
    IsaackGMOON Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options

Would you please kindly stop spewing false information around the forums.

Thanks,

From everyone.
  • flippy1234
    flippy1234 Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    The only thing I can think of is that you may actually be eating more than you think. IF you have a calorie defect and if you are not eating back the calories you burn, you should be losing. Just give it more time. Eat the healthiest foods that you can and make sure you measure accurately. It's so easy to think we are eating a certain amount but we often eat more...Maybe lesson your carb intake, i.e.: breads, grains just a little and see if that helps. Drink lots of water too. Be patient and the weight will come off. You will see. We all want instant gratification but your body needs to rethink...