Motivation needed HELP

Options
i need all the friends I can get for motivation and support. I've gained 4 lbs in 2 weeks I'm going the wrong way.

Replies

• carafes
    carafes Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    add me please. We can all use positive motivation and support!!
  • slp51
    slp51 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Add me, too. We are all in this together!
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    i need all the friends I can get for motivation and support. I've gained 4 lbs in 2 weeks I'm going the wrong way.

Hi! If you're going the wrong way and you've been honestly trying to follow MFP's calorie guidelines, then you're eating more calories than you are burning on average. It's almost always that simple. You're either eating more calories than you think you are or not burning as many calories as you think you are. Or a combination of both. The good news is, it's easy to reverse this trend and you've caught it early.

If you don't own one yet, buy a kitchen scale and use it for everything that has servings in grams or ounces. Log every single thing you eat and drink that has calories; everything down to chewing gum and vitamins. There are no "free" foods when calorie counting. Log it all and be brutally honest with yourself. You may be surprised at how little some servings really are.

One thing to be very careful of is that you aren't entering inflated calorie burns into MFP. If you have a heart-rate monitor, use it and enter those numbers into MFP. Remember that you would have burned calories just sitting on the sofa, too, so a one hour Zumba session may read 600 calories on your HRM but you would have burned 100+ anyway so subtract those out. Always underestimate calorie burns or you're doing yourself a disservice and you'll get frustrated when you aren't losing weight. Any calorie burns you get directly from MFP are suspect and should be cut in about half to be safe. MFP has no idea how hard you were really working and its numbers are almost always too high.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    If you're truly going up, you're not in a deficit. Remember, you will have fluctuations, TOM, water retention, etc.
  • msjackiemorgan
    msjackiemorgan Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Thank you so so so much!!! You really helped me. Immortal weighing til Friday and I hope I can at least break even.
  • BananaAssassin
    BananaAssassin Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me!
  • lwebsmfp
    lwebsmfp Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    I'll add you. We can keep each other accountable and help motivate one another. It's not easy and having as much support as we can get can really make a difference. Don't give up! Fight through this and you will do great!
  • saramatthews919
    saramatthews919 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    We all have times like that stick with it you will conquer this and get to where you want to be :)
  • msjackiemorgan
    Options
    lwebsmfp wrote: »
    I'll add you. We can keep each other accountable and help motivate one another. It's not easy and having as much support as we can get can really make a difference. Don't give up! Fight through this and you will do great!

I agree. We can do this
  • msjackiemorgan
    Options
    lwebsmfp wrote: »

Thank you. Support and motivation is so important
  • msjackiemorgan
    Options
    We all have times like that stick with it you will conquer this and get to where you want to be :)

I'm trying. More than ever
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    If its a real increase then what SueinAZ said you simply have to get to grips with weighing and logging at a deficit. It's that basic.
  • dantanjah
    dantanjah Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as a friend. We can do this together!
  • sunnyside1213
    sunnyside1213 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    I have had ups and downs. I went from 138 to 98 to 115. At 5 feet, I would like to be 105. It's a good place for me and I am having trouble getting there. Being older than dirt doesn't help the journey. Is your diary open? It helps to see that to give advice.
  • sunnyside1213
    sunnyside1213 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    Oh and drink lots of water.