Hello!!

Options
Slackpants26
Slackpants26 Posts: 5 Member
edited April 2015 in Introduce Yourself
Hiya! :) My name is Lauren. I'm 27 years old, weigh 10st and I'm from Derbyshire in the UK.
I'm looking to make some new "pals" that will help motivate me to reach my goal weight of 8st 3lb.. It would really help me to see what other people eat, mainly for inspiration as I'm useless in the kitchen! I work my bum off in the gym about 3-4 times a week but I cannot stop eating. I'm a sucker for CARBS.. I think it'll be cool to make friends from all over the world!! Feel free to friend request me xx

Replies

• malghalara
    malghalara Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    bachay kokay la ba waar warkay ase na kegy :P
  • cynicalhopeful
    cynicalhopeful Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hello Lauren, My name is Cindy. I live in Ohio, USA. After many years of exercising and doing all kinds of diets, I can tell you the best thing you are doing is to keep moving! Whether it's in a gym, painting walls, cleaning house, it all burns calories and keeps your heart and muscles and joints exercised. Good job at the gym. Try making some soups. Get recipes on-line that have ingredients you like, and that you can afford, and just try making one a week. Soups fill you up without as many calories, unless you add cheese or lots of noodle-like fillers. I encourage you to try cooking with a friend. You will be able to avoid high fructose corn syrup and trans fats that are in commercially prepared foods. Besides that, it tastes better and saves lots of money. You can make big batches of food, once you like what you are making, then freeze it in small containers and use it over a longer period of time without having to bother cooking again. We have visited the area where you live in 1996. Very pretty area. Best wishes to you. I am a retired nurse.
  • jackilynh
    jackilynh Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Let's kick some *kitten* then girl!
  • Slackpants26
    Options
    Hello Lauren, My name is Cindy. I live in Ohio, USA. After many years of exercising and doing all kinds of diets, I can tell you the best thing you are doing is to keep moving! Whether it's in a gym, painting walls, cleaning house, it all burns calories and keeps your heart and muscles and joints exercised. Good job at the gym. Try making some soups. Get recipes on-line that have ingredients you like, and that you can afford, and just try making one a week. Soups fill you up without as many calories, unless you add cheese or lots of noodle-like fillers. I encourage you to try cooking with a friend. You will be able to avoid high fructose corn syrup and trans fats that are in commercially prepared foods. Besides that, it tastes better and saves lots of money. You can make big batches of food, once you like what you are making, then freeze it in small containers and use it over a longer period of time without having to bother cooking again. We have visited the area where you live in 1996. Very pretty area. Best wishes to you. I am a retired nurse.
    Hello Cindy! Wow.. Thank you for all that information, it's really helpful. It's coming upto summer here in the UK and eating soup just wouldn't feel right. English people are so strange! I have that to warm me up in the winter. I need to try more fish, although I'm not overly keen at all. I like the thought of stuffed peppers, would you recommend anything like that?? Luckily for me I'm not keen on dairy such as cheese and milk :) doesn't mean I won't eat it now and then! Derbyshire is stunning and I'm happy you admire the area. Out of curiosity, what made you visit? x
  • Slackpants26
    Options
    jackilynh wrote: »
    Let's kick some *kitten* then girl!
    Let's do this!! Woohoo!!!
  • Jrodasff
    Jrodasff Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Right on! I'm from Southern California and it's pretty cool to meet people from everywhere. I'm trying to get down to 200lbs from 223 in February. I have about 6 more to go and they are tough to lose. I love to excercise as well and I like to see that other people are training along with me. Feel free to add me and keep each other motivated.
  • venerando
    venerando Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Hi feel free to add me I'm here to make friends and motivate and can help others reach their fitness goal.
    !!