Favorite "Love to Hate" Exercises

Options
What is your favorite exercise that you love to hate? You know what I mean-you are cursing and looking at your watch when you are doing it, but you know that you are improving your strength and/or fitness level by doing it. For me it is lunges, especially with one leg behind me on a step.

Replies

• kamakazeekim
    kamakazeekim Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    push-ups and lat raises
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    I would have to say none.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    Squats. I do them because they are good for me and I like the results but I can't say that I like them.
  • strong_curves
    strong_curves Posts: 2,229 Member
    Options
    Pushups & Lunges. Maybe once I get better at them I won't mind as much.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    I generally don't do things I hate...there are plenty of things I love that will garner the same results. There are certainly times when I don't feel like doing a particular something and maybe have to force the issue on that occasion...but by and large, if I'm sitting their watching the clock just wanting whatever it is that I'm doing to be over I'm going to say that it's not for me.

That's not to say that I don't like certain things I do more than others...but I really refuse to do anything I loath doing.
  • slaite1
    slaite1 Posts: 1,307 Member
    Options
    Lunges. Any type of lunges but particularly heavy barbell lunges. I love lifting heavy, I even love burpees. But not lunges. Every single rep of every single set makes me want to punch someone.
  • Willbenchforcupcakes
    Willbenchforcupcakes Posts: 4,955 Member
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    I generally don't do things I hate...there are plenty of things I love that will garner the same results. There are certainly times when I don't feel like doing a particular something and maybe have to force the issue on that occasion...but by and large, if I'm sitting their watching the clock just wanting whatever it is that I'm doing to be over I'm going to say that it's not for me.

That's not to say that I don't like certain things I do more than others...but I really refuse to do anything I loath doing.
    This. Although having discovered the evilness that is Russian hamstring, there are moments in my programming that are definitely suck it up and get it done.
  • tri_bob
    tri_bob Posts: 121 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Running hill workouts. My running club does a hills workout on Tuesdays and a track workout on Thursdays. They're both hard, but it's the hills that make me curse an unfeeling universe. All of us acknowledge, however, that our running has improved for doing them. We appreciate the hills running, even if we don't quite enjoy it.

Also, burpees can [expletive deleted] [hideous expletive deleted].
  • dredremeg
    dredremeg Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    CRUNCHES
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    the arc trainer
  • PAtinCO
    PAtinCO Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Standing mountain climbers
  • Mrsallen6_11
    Mrsallen6_11 Posts: 416 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    tri_bob wrote: »
    Also, burpees can [expletive deleted] [hideous expletive deleted].

^^^
    He said it best lol.

And push ups, I can barely do a "girly" push-up lol, but every other exercise I'm pretty much alright with.
  • kmsoucy457
    kmsoucy457 Posts: 237 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Push-ups and chaturanga...s It's that weak upper body. I think (hope) i'll grow to hate them less as I become more proficient.
  • yusaku02
    yusaku02 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options
    Bent over barbell rows. Not sure why but I'm just not that into them.
  • Upstate_Dunadan
    Upstate_Dunadan Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    Jump rope.
  • Jruzer
    Jruzer Posts: 3,501 Member
    Options
    Rowing machine.
  • BigLifter10
    BigLifter10 Posts: 1,152 Member
    Options
    Easy one.......weighted barbell hip thrusts - particularly, single legged ones. So effective, but soooo horrible!
  • CarlydogsMom
    CarlydogsMom Posts: 645 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    yusaku02 wrote: »
    Bent over barbell rows. Not sure why but I'm just not that into them.

Oh yeah, can't stand those. Seriously hate them.

I also hate hangs--just my bodyweight hanging off a bar trying to improve my grip. NOTHING feels longer than the last 10 seconds of a one-minute hang. Nothing.
  • paulaviki
    paulaviki Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    Definitely burpees and any incarnation of them. Evil.
  • CrabNebula
    CrabNebula Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    Rowing. Yet, I am on track to do 50km this week after doing 42 last week and 35.5 the week before. I also hate planks, but they are unfortunately helpful.