Vega sport protein bars

Options
janjunie
janjunie Posts: 1,200 Member
I picked up a few vega sport protein bars in the clearance section of shoppers drug mart today. Just wondering what other people thought of them...I know they are no quest bars but the only reviews I can find on the are sponsored (boooo)

Replies

• cbills65
    cbills65 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I love the Vega's protein powder and smoothie powder but not a huge fan of the bars. I am okay with the quest bars but the high alcohol sugar content bothers my stomach so I don't eat them as much. For me it's combat bars all the way. The texture and flavor are very pleasant and they are high in protein of course. If you ever see them, I'd recommend giving one a try and see if you like it. I'm pretty sure all of the flavors are fabulous. There are only a few I haven't tried simply because they don't carry them at our local GNC store.
  • Klhernandez81
    Klhernandez81 Posts: 62 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I like the VEGA One products and find them to be a little better than their sport products. They tend to have more of the nutrients and vitamins you would want from a plant-based product, and around the same amount of protein (more in the shake), but also fewer calories. The VEGA One all-in-one meal bars are good, and the shakes are excellent! But for a post-workout meal, the sport bar is good, assuming it is a heavy duty workout involving weights and you just want the protein kick...but I wouldn't rely on it for much else...if that is any help?
  • esjones12
    esjones12 Posts: 1,363 Member
    Options
    Two thumbs up for Vega Sport products. All natural plant based products that can easily help fuel your workouts. I've tried the pre-workout, protein powder, protein bars, electrolytes, gel, and recovery accelerator. Wasn't overly fond of the protein taste. And I found the bars tasty but to be too high calorie for me. But I use the electrolytes, gel, and recovery accelerator all the time.

Pick up a bar or two at a local store and try it out. That is really the only way you will know if you like it or not.
  • janjunie
    janjunie Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    Thank u I'll give it a try tomorrow after the gym
  • blossomingbutterfly
    blossomingbutterfly Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    I just saw these today for the first time. Can confirm the choco mint and the choco peanut butter are delicious!