what kind of protein powders do you use

Options
To those of you who use protein powders to lose weight what kind do you use

Replies

• kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options
    Protein powders are not for weight loss, they are for….well, protein. People use them to hit their protein goals.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    A protein powder won't help you lose weight in and of itself, but it can help you meet your protein goals.

I use Vega protein powder.
  • futureenp
    futureenp Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I use Shakeology because it's more than just a protein powder. It is packed full of vitamins and nutrients and is all natural. Plus, it tastes AMAZING and comes in a ton of flavors! It puts all other "protein powders" to shame!
  • vismal
    vismal Posts: 2,463 Member
    Options
    I use Cellucor and MTS as I find they taste the best and have the best mixability. They will not help with weight loss. Think of them the same as you would any other food. They are simply a quick, cheap, way to get in extra protein if you are coming short of your goals.
  • janejellyroll
    Options
    futureenp wrote: »
    I use Shakeology because it's more than just a protein powder. It is packed full of vitamins and nutrients and is all natural. Plus, it tastes AMAZING and comes in a ton of flavors! It puts all other "protein powders" to shame!

What does "all natural" mean in the context of a protein powder? The one I use is also has many vitamins and nutrients and has many amazing flavors. Why, exactly, does it put mine to shame?

• ShannonMK9
    ShannonMK9 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I use Shakeology also, more for the vitamins than the protein, but the protein helps :smiley: and it tastes good
  • Lexicpt
    Lexicpt Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I use Market Pantry from Target. It's about $18, 25g of protein and 160 calories per scoop. It doesn't aid weight loss, but it helps me meet or exceed my protein goals.
  • Hippychick5983
    Hippychick5983 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I use Body tech - Whey Tech Pro 24 in the morning to help me hit my protein goal or if I go to the gym I have some when I get home. The Chocolate one is really good!
  • wolfsbayne
    wolfsbayne Posts: 3,116 Member
    Options
    I just ordered some Cellucor Chocolate Raspberry Truffle. I hope it meets my expectations. I use them to meet my protein goal only. I've used Muscletech and another kind that my son gave me because he started using a different kind.
  • vismal
    Options
    It would be FAR cheaper to buy a multivitamin and a less expensive protein powder. You shouldn't rely on powders or supplements for your vitamins anyways. You should get them from the rest of the nutritious foods you eat throughout the day. All natural means nothing. Lead and arsenic are "all natural".
  • DarkerNavigator2233
    DarkerNavigator2233 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Isopure protien powder rocks 50g protien and only 220 calories per serving. It also mixes very well.
  • ShannonMK9
    ShannonMK9 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    vismal wrote: »
    It would be FAR cheaper to buy a multivitamin and a less expensive protein powder. You shouldn't rely on powders or supplements for your vitamins anyways. You should get them from the rest of the nutritious foods you eat throughout the day. All natural means nothing. Lead and arsenic are "all natural".

Every vitamin I have tried makes me sick to my stomach, and I eat fairly healthy. As far as lead and arsenic are concerned Beachbody changed their recipe because of the increase of those items in their protein source so that they wouldn't be an issue.
  • janejellyroll
    Options
    ShannonMK9 wrote: »

Every vitamin I have tried makes me sick to my stomach, and I eat fairly healthy. As far as lead and arsenic are concerned Beachbody changed their recipe because of the increase of those items in their protein source so that they wouldn't be an issue.

Previous formulations had lead and arsenic in them?
  • DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,652 Member
    Options
    Optimum Nutrition Extreme Chocolate, Cookies & Cream, and Cake Batter.
  • tinaj2014
    tinaj2014 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Anybody try Thrive by Le-Vel? Just wondered if it is any good?
  • tcbutler8627
    tcbutler8627 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    I like MusclePharm's Combat Protein. They have a number of good flavors.
  • blankiefinder
    blankiefinder Posts: 3,599 Member
    Options
    I use trutein Cinnabun to help me a protein goals, it's delicious and low calorie, I mix it with milk and it comes to about 180 cal
  • vismal
    Options

LOL I mentioned arsenic and lead simply because they are also something that could be labeled "all natural". Had no idea they were included in Shakeology in the past! All the more reason to save your money!
  • 40andFindingFitness
    40andFindingFitness Posts: 497 Member
    Options

LOL I mentioned arsenic and lead simply because they are also something that could be labeled "all natural". Had no idea they were included in Shakeology in the past! All the more reason to save your money!

OMG you stumbled across this info and didn't even know it? LOL I'm always afraid that when a company says they removed a bad ingredient, they'll just change the name of it and keep it there anyway. Or they'll change the company name and keep the ingredients the same.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    kgeyser wrote: »
    Protein powders are not for weight loss, they are for….well, protein. People use them to hit their protein goals.

BAM!