Help with accuracy please...

Options
HELP!!!! Today is horrible at work, bitchy co-workers and the busiest I've seen it. There are a bunch of brownies and pizza laying around. I ate about 10 brownies and a slice of pizza. I logged it. I'm moving on. But, I want to make sure the brownies are as accurate as can be. They are homemade and are each about 1" x 1". I found an entry that made 10 of them for 1700 calories. Does that seem accurate?

Replies

• ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    1"x1"? You're sure? That's tiny.

But yeah, that's probably close if that's the real size. My smallest ones are usually 1.5" square and they're 198 calories each.

You're not going to get complete accuracy with something like that so close is about as good as you can hope for.
  • barbecuesauce
    barbecuesauce Posts: 1,771 Member
    Options
    Kudos to you for wanting to log it accurately, but there are times when you just can't. I can believe 170 calories for a 1 X 1 square, depending on the richness of the ingredients used.

Forgive yourself for today (if you haven't already), realize that you aren't going to gain more than water weight if this was an aberration, and move on. Tomorrow will be a better day.
  • Ohwhynot
    Ohwhynot Posts: 356 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Obviously it would be more accurate if we had a weight and knew the ingredients, but I'd say that's likely a little high. the first entry for brownies says 2.75" square x 7/8" high is 227 calories so 170 for 1" square sounds too high.
  • blankiefinder
    blankiefinder Posts: 3,599 Member
    Options
    Probably not far off :( I love brownies!
  • FierceConfident
    FierceConfident Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for your input! It is definately 1" x 1" There are a ton left and I went back and meassured. LOL. I work in the ER and there is always crap around.

I have forgiven and moved on!