Dog Walking

hi there,

I dog walk as a job now, and I'm wondering if someone can help. I'm aiming to lose some weight (not a ton) and I would like to know what I should be setting my activity level to now that I dog walk 5 days a week for a few hours each day. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks

Replies

• RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    A couple of ideas:

If you know this will be 3 - 4 hours a day, I would set it to lightly active.
    If it is 4-5 - 6 set it to active..

How ever, I might be tempted to set it to sedentary and include this as exercise and log it every day under Exercise.
    I might be tempted to drive the route(s) and see the distance. I would select the appropriate pace or effort you gave for each walk.. I also might be tempted to buy me a step tracker..

Just a thought.. hummmm!
  • kindrabbit
    kindrabbit Posts: 837 Member
    I set mine to lightly active . I have a f fitbit on my phone that counts my steps but mfp only logs the steps if I go over a certain number. It appears to only count my steps above what it considers lightly active. I have to do about7000 steps before mfp gives me any exercise calories. Mfp deletes those calories if I manually enter a workout too.