Do you celebrate your milestones?

Options
If so, how?

When I began, I thought I would celebrate 10 pounds off, 20, etc. But I never bothered. I looked at the scale at those times and shouted "YES!" but that was about it.

To me, the biggest one was entering OneDerland. That night I was going to have a big dinner, but changed my mind. I didn't want to jeopardize what I had accomplished. So I had a small piece of fish and some vegetables. The smallest dinner I had all week!

Replies

• swirlybee
    swirlybee Posts: 497 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I don't, but when I hit my goal weight (10 more lbs to go), I'm going on a shopping spree for new clothes. :)
  • CoachJen71
    CoachJen71 Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    Yes and no. Sometimes I do have treat meals or buy something for reaching a goal, but money has been tight this winter, so I mostly have just shared my victories with my MFP pals, and basked in their kudos. LOL
  • pariskathryn
    pariskathryn Posts: 173 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I have to link my rewards to non-food stuff, trying to change my relationship with food to one where it's purely fuel for me. Instead, I have small rewards like new articles of workout gear or a new dress (like old navy/target) for every 10 pounds. I will hopefully hit 55 pounds down in time for my wedding, so my reward will be a nice spa day. When I've maintained for a significant amount of time, a tattoo!

My partner has been kinda meh about tracking and I'm worried about his health, so I told him if he lost 20 pounds I'd go in on an x-box one or playstation 4 with him, haha. He's into it!
  • DedRepublic
    DedRepublic Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    If so, how?

We had a big celebratory dinner after completing each workout program. But what was even better than celebrating was hearing the compliments...and later realizing that people were inspired by my success....can't putnamlrice on that. The ripple effect has already started for you...and the the ripples may seem small at the moment...the do travel far!
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    I had a reward meal once when I moved gyms, but nothing since. Probably again when I hit goal. I find im more keen to hit the next goal and not undo things ive just spent a lot of effort trying to achieve. Progress is what i want more than food at the moment.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    other than a happy dance, nope.

earlier this year (maybe feb) I had bought a pair of jeans and they were too small. I've been trying them on every few weeks. Yesterday, for the first time, they FIT.

i did a happy dance around the house in my jeans and bra and that was it. LOLOLOL
  • JoeyTajzai
    JoeyTajzai Posts: 1,198 Member
    Options
    swirlybee wrote: »
    I don't, but when I hit my goal weight (10 more lbs to go), I'm going on a shopping spree for new clothes. :)

I think this is the best way for us to treat ourselves.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Every time I lift heavier at the gym, I jump up and down!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!