Unintentional Half Marathon

Options
shaunroberts
shaunroberts Posts: 94 Member
edited April 2015 in Motivation and Support
Hey,
Stepped outside on Sunday expecting to do my usual Sunday 6.2Miles/10K. At 6.2 miles i felt good so ran till 8 miles. At 8 miles i still felt good so ran to 10. At 10 miles i thought what the hell let's run a half marathon. I woke up the next day sore but good sore, everything hurt and I mean everything, but the feeling of accomplishment was immense! I've never felt so healthy in all my life.

4 months ago running half a mile would see me out of breath! Running 12.4 Miles seemed impossible! I would read stories on MFP and think there's no way I'll ever be able to run 5k, 10K etc Trust me with a bit of motivation and dedication you can achieve anything you want!

Just wanted to share and maybe provide some motivativation (If needed). If I can do this I can assure you anyone can!

Shaun.

Replies

• blueyes8612
    blueyes8612 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    That's so awesome! I just did my first 5K this past Saturday. I ran/walk most of it since I'm still over 200lbs but I am so hooked! I have two more that I've signed up for and want to sign up for a 1/2 marathon in October. You made that kind of progress in 4 months? That's fantastic
  • shaunroberts
    shaunroberts Posts: 94 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Hey,
    Well done on the 5K :) Very addicitive isn't it:) I found the more weight I lost the easier it got and the further I could run. The further I ran the more weight I lost. Its amazing how quickly your body adapts and becomes more efficient. By October youll be doing your half marathon easy :)

I've trained hard since the beggining of January when I was at my heaviest. 6 days a week of cardio. 3 days running slowly building up from 2.5miles to 6.2 (10K) and 3 days of Max 30 followed by straight after by Insanity. Every 7th week is my rest week.

To be honest I won't be running half a marathon every week as im a bit worried about injury. Im thinking once every 6 weeks just before my rest week lol

The only problem I've found with running is that it makes me incredibly hungry! So sticking to my calories isn't always easy lol

Shaun.