COFFEE CREAMER HELP!

Options
I love coffee with creamer, but I fear it's sabotaging my diet at 30 calories per Tablespoon. I can't stand the taste of the sugar free creamers. My morning coffee is just something I really don't want to sacrifice. I really need some lighter options that still allow for "Cream and sugar." Any tips greatly appreciated!

Replies

• amystrohpaul
    amystrohpaul Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm really interested in ideas as well!
  • Laurend224
    Laurend224 Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options
    If it is that important to you, make room in your day for it. What would you be willing to give up to have those calories for your creamer? 30 calories doesn't sound too bad, how much are you putting in your coffee?
  • DedRepublic
    DedRepublic Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    I love coffee with creamer, but I fear it's sabotaging my diet at 30 calories per Tablespoon. I can't stand the taste of the sugar free creamers. My morning coffee is just something I really don't want to sacrifice. I really need some lighter options that still allow for "Cream and sugar." Any tips greatly appreciated!

Be sure you measure that pour. I used to put 3 tbl spoons in when I thought it was one. I started drinking coffee black after that.
  • maroonmango211
    maroonmango211 Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    I use skim milk powder sometimes, for me its more because it keeps longer and easier to use than cream itself, plus 9g of protein for 4 tbsp ( 90cals) is a plus.
  • ShannonMpls
    ShannonMpls Posts: 1,936 Member
    Options
    Tip: Find room for 30 calories in your day, or learn to drink coffee black. I really don't think that 30 calories (or 60, if you have two cups) is going to sabotage anything. What you do with the rest of the day is what is going to matter.

I have three (measured) tablespoons of half and half every morning, 60 calories. I did not give it up while losing, I still have it while maintaining. I like it and it's easy to fit into my calories for the day, so why give it up?
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Try evaporated skim milk. Only 12 calories per Tbl. plus an artificial sweetener.

I use regular half and half, which is only 20 calories per Tbl. but I don't like sweet coffee so that is all I use. I refuse to give up my lightened coffee for only 40 calories per day for the two cups.
  • myturn15
    myturn15 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I like cashew milk.
  • lesliewalker108
    lesliewalker108 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Nestle Coffee Mate - Sugar Free Vanilla Carmel Creamer Powder , THATS WHAT i USE AND IT MAKES IT SO SWEET YOU DONT NEED SUGAR
  • mwyvr
    mwyvr Posts: 1,883 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I use real 10% "half and half" and simply don't use very much (20 calories in a tablespoon but I use even less than a tbsp), and I gave up sugar in coffee eons ago. When I refill my morning coffee cup I don't add more cream. Truth is I could probably convert to straight black coffee but I simply do not feel the need.

1 litre lasts my wife and I a couple weeks easily... usually it goes bad before we are through it, or the remainder gets used in baking.

I'd much rather use a real milk product than the powdered stuff, and the total calories and grams of fat per day are negligible.
  • zdyb23456
    zdyb23456 Posts: 1,706 Member
    Options
    I switched to half and half... I can use 2T for 40 calories and it lightens my coffee much better. I usually needed 3T of flavored creamer to be enough.

I usually drink my coffee black though... especially in the morning when it's just about ingesting caffeine.
  • Lindy901
    Lindy901 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I use whole milk in mine and to be honest I don't know how it compares to creamer calorie-wise. Another option is it's not that hard to walk off 30/60 calories. Factor in some extra exercise to compensate or I think you're going to have to cut it out.
  • ASKyle
    ASKyle Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    I will not let my hazelnut creamer go for anything!!

That said, I found out a year ago that my tablespoon was more like 3, so 2 cups of coffee was actually 180 calories, not 60. Make sure you're measuring it.
  • lesliewalker108
    lesliewalker108 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Nestle Coffee Mate - Sugar Free Vanilla Carmel Creamer Powder , THATS WHAT i USE AND IT MAKES IT SO SWEET YOU DONT NEED SUGAR
    15 CALORIES 2 CARBS 1 FAT 15 SODIUM AND NO SUGAR
  • Roxiegirl2008
    Roxiegirl2008 Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    I use almond milk in mine and really found that I like it. A serving size of unsweetened almond milk is about 60ish calories and I am not having any where near a serving size.
  • kaspatore
    kaspatore Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    there are several brands of sugar syrups, like Skinny syrups. I use that with almond milk. Salted caramel is my FAVORITE.
  • truelight_photo_craig
    truelight_photo_craig Posts: 347 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I use this when I drink coffee. It's 35 cal for a tbs., and I rarely use that much. Just a splash goes a long way.

naturalbliss.coffee-mate.com/?utm_campaign=always+on&utm_medium=cpc&utm_source=google&utm_content=Google%7CBranded%7CNutrition%7CExact&utm_term=natural+bliss+nutrition
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    Learn to like black?
  • Adc7225
    Adc7225 Posts: 1,318 Member
    Options
    93 pounds lost and the first recipe I created on MFP was for 'My Coffee' 74 calories, Coffeemate Creamer and Sugar - This was not something I was willing to give up - it might happen one day but more than likely not anytime soon. If you find an okay substitute, what happens when you reach goal and one day can't take that okay coffee anymore and start back to the old way of not just drinking your coffee but eating other things you substituted as well. Count the calories and let it be. If you are anything like me, the people around you might really appreciate it :D I am not the sweetest person before coffee!
  • mwyvr
    mwyvr Posts: 1,883 Member
    Options
    Adc7225 wrote: »
    :D I am not the sweetest person before coffee!

Who is? :smiley:

PS to the OP when I go out for coffee I have a triple tall Americano. With a small dash of cream in it, maybe 15 or 20 calories total.

Tons of coffee flavour, no guilt. It's also one of the cheaper drinks on that famous coffee shop's menu.