Absolutely exhausted after exercise

Options
85kurtz
85kurtz Posts: 276 Member
I have been doing 30 minutes of circuit training six times a week and am finding that I am not just a bit worn out after the sessions but that I am incapable of doing anything afterward. In fact I often sleep for four to five hours after my sessions. It is dreadful. I feel so unwell. Any advice?

Replies

• zdyb23456
    zdyb23456 Posts: 1,706 Member
    Options
    I'd say to make an appointment with your doctor.
  • karou32
    karou32 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    It is hard to say without more info like is this the end/middle/beginning of the day? Are you eating enough beforehand and is it highly nutrituous food like goos protein and veggies? Checking in with a doctor is good advice. It also might be that you aren't getting the right nutrition balance which, again, a doctor or nutritionist could help with.
  • mewkiyoko
    mewkiyoko Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    It's really likely you just aren't fueling your body properly for these sessions. What do you normally eat before and after workouts?
  • PeachyPlum
    PeachyPlum Posts: 1,243 Member
    Options
    How much are you eating?
  • hncary
    hncary Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Along with the others questions do you take a multivitamin? It might help/might not, but I know when I was pregnant and would forget to take mine I would feel completely drained of energy... Not that its exactly the same situation, but if you are low on certain vitamins you can definitely feel drained. There are also types of anemia (my mother has it) that makes your body b12 deficient and can make you feel really tired all the time. I would go to the doctor and get some blood work done just to check on some things if you don't seem to find any answers here.
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    Hard to say without more info about you and what you are doing.

• jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    How much are you eating? Did you go straight from no exercise to 6 days a week exercise while eating in a large deficit?
  • rontafoya
    rontafoya Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    You need to give us more information. Lots of possible causes. Dehydration, nutritional deficiencies, illness or other compromise in health (see a doctor), bad scheduling in relation to your meals.
  • scrapbookingtm
    scrapbookingtm Posts: 1,916 Member
    Options
    Also, as we get older, our bodies take more time to recover. Change you routine to use different muscles on alternating days and make sure to eat enough.
  • SonyaCele
    SonyaCele Posts: 2,841 Member
    Options
    if your profile is correct, you are trying to lose 115 lbs ? that will have a lot to do with it. Pace yourself, be sure and rest, as the weight comes off, it will get easier.
  • 999tigger
    Options
    heh first one I dont look at he profile and the answer very likely to be what sonya said.

If you have c 100lbs to go that would indicate you arent at the peak of fitness and therefore you need to pace yourself and have some patience. Maybe what you are doing is simply too much for you to handle at the moment, in which case you need to pace yourself. Fitness will come in time.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    999tigger wrote: »
    heh first one I dont look at he profile and the answer very likely to be what sonya said.

If you have c 100lbs to go that would indicate you arent at the peak of fitness and therefore you need to pace yourself and have some patience. Maybe what you are doing is simply too much for you to handle at the moment, in which case you need to pace yourself. Fitness will come in time.

I think you a @SonyaCele got this one covered...
  • SonyaCele
    Options
    you might have better luck doing your circuit training in 5 minute increments 6 times throughout the day, instead of a full half hour at one time. until you start getting in shape and can increase the time. pace yourself.
  • 999tigger
    Options
    gia07 wrote: »
    999tigger wrote: »

I think you a @SonyaCele got this one covered...

Which is why I gave credit to her in the first line?
  • SonyaCele
    Options
    oh i don't need any credit, it was kinda a no brainer.
  • 85kurtz
    85kurtz Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Thank you all. I started taking a multi vitamin yesterday and have started drinking a protein shake twice a day. Perhaps it is too few calories and doing a little too much. All good advice, thank you for not being judgmental about me.
  • Dancetherapist
    Dancetherapist Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Maybe cut back on the exercise a bit (and get a blood test to see if you're anemic/there are other things going on). I know that there have been times when I've been so tired after working out that I begin to get very depressed...which is the opposite of how you're supposed to feel after a workout. Since I found the exercise routine that works for me and my body I no longer have that problem (long walks with my dog, barre classes, and yoga sculpt)