When did you notice a difference in how you looked?

Options
amlygo
amlygo Posts: 126 Member
I've just only started a few weeks ago and I'm happy with being 5 lbs down already. I haven't noticed a difference in how I look yet but I'm supposing it's too early still. My clothes don't fit any different yet either. When did you notice a difference?

Replies

• shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    I still don't see it unless I'm comparing pictures. Best suggestion I have is take pictures, lots of pictures.
  • Lifting_Knitter
    Lifting_Knitter Posts: 1,025
    Options
    I could change sizes but until I looked at pictures side by side, I couldn't really tell.

Same with my husband, he didn't notice my weight loss until I did the picture comparison.
  • Lbf321
    Lbf321 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Lots of small changes, like the butt hump is gone and arm muscles showing. But mostly it's my strength that has shown the most change.
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options
    I still don't see it unless I'm comparing pictures. Best suggestion I have is take pictures, lots of pictures.

Truth. I don't see it in the mirror (after 65 pounds), but definitely when I look at pictures. Take lots of pictures right now and soon, you'll see a difference.
  • NaomiJFoster
    NaomiJFoster Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    At 15 pounds, I could that my clothes fit differently. And I started getting comments from other people. Now, at 20 pounds, I can see it in a side-by-side photo comparison.
  • AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options
    After 8 weeks of heavy lifting, at least 3xweek, and yoga once a week.
  • Chelz2013
    Chelz2013 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Obv everyone is different, but I've noticed some definition in my biceps and I think my jeans are a little looser. Those are motivational factors for me. It's not showing on the scale yet, for me, but I am doing both cardio and strength training, including trying new classes at the gym (zumba, yoga, pilates). I'm going to take a picture now (for the "before") and I'm also going to track my measurements.
  • Willbenchforcupcakes
    Willbenchforcupcakes Posts: 4,955 Member
    Options
    I still can't see any difference in the mirror. Take lots of pictures as others have suggested. With pictures, I could tell a difference after about 15 lbs.
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    Honestly, it took a year and a half before I no longer saw myself as a fat chick. Now, 2 years later, I still struggle with it sometimes. I still have "Is that me?" moments when I catch my reflection.
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    My clothes fit differently within the first 15 lbs. But as for seeing it in the mirror, I was nearly 40 lbs down before I could really tell. (Other people could tell... just not me)
  • cynthiadmail
    cynthiadmail Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    The mind is a crazy thing. Because I dont see anything. I feel better, move around better, but when I look in the mirror it still does not register in my mind there are changes. I can see small changes in the pictures I have been taking along the way. But I think it took 25 or so pounds before I seen any kind of changes.
    Just crazy when your mind wont let you see it in the mirror.
  • kylamaries
    kylamaries Posts: 291
    Options
    I began feeling a lot better before I saw any difference, but now I just feel a little smaller. I started running a few months ago and gradually I began realizing that my size 7 jeans were looser both around the waist and thighs. When I went shopping for the first time since I'd lost 5 lbs., I was scrambling to find smalls instead of mediums and larges (I was technically a medium, but sometimes bought larges to hide everything) and yesterday I bought a pair of size 3 capris that looked amazing on me. I've lost some cellulite/gained muscle on my thighs and my butt's looking pretty swell, if I do say so myself. :laugh: I still have quite a way to go and hopefully I'll be able to notice more then!
  • rosemaryhon
    rosemaryhon Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    I'm just now starting to see a difference, but very minor still ;)
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    Pretty much the day I started lifting and controlling my diet. Obviously not because of any physical change, but because I was suddenly in such a better mental place knowing that what I was doing was creating progress.
  • ChristinaR720
    ChristinaR720 Posts: 1,186
    Options
    I noticed somewhere between 15 and 20 pounds lost. I wholeheartedly agree with those who mentioned taking progress photos. I also recommend taking measurements. It helps a TON, especially once you reach the point where the number on the scale is not really moving and it becomes more difficult to see the difference in progress photos. Seeing the inches melt away has kept me motivated.
  • lisas1019
    lisas1019 Posts: 30
    Options
    I'm at 25 down and I can't see or feel a difference... kind of discouraging.
  • kimad
    kimad Posts: 3,010 Member
    Options
    I started at 245 lbs, and I would say I didn't notice it until I was about 25lbs down... but when I started to realize I needed new pants, I skipped a size because I had left it too long.

Take pics and measurements to help show you :)

I never took measurements and wished I had, but my pictures say it all.

Congrats on the first 5 and good luck.
  • crazebeck
    crazebeck Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I didn't see difference in mirror until 25 pounds ( I'm 5'1"). I noticed change in pants after 5 plus pounds but not visual and others noticing until recently. When I got to 28 pounds lost, everyone at work started noticing.
  • Suffer4beauty
    Suffer4beauty Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    To offer more encouragement:
    Many people say that they lose inches before they see the scale go down. I am the OPPOSITE. I will see the scale go down 5 to 8 pounds and see no difference. No one will make comments about them seeing any differences. And then all of a sudden I shrink. I have noticed, for me, that it's linked to hormones. A few days before and into "that time of the month" my weight loss according to the scale stalls - or even goes up a pound or two! But then, the week after my "time", the numbers on the scale go down to what they were just before that time, and then sometimes another pound lighter AND my inches go down with the bloating going away. For the last 3 months, about 2 weeks after that "time" people will say, "wow! You lost more weight." or something like that. So be encouraged that one week you will be wearing a pair of pants. Maybe every Wednesday you wear them and then, suddenly, you will try to put them on and they won't just be a little loser, they will be A LOT loser. Keep it up!
  • princessputz
    princessputz Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I have lost 32 lbs to date and haven't noticed anything not even in the way things fit (sad I know), but in photos I see things reshaping. I imagine around 60 I'll see something.