Candy in the office, noooo!

Options
Ugh, at the office they keep TONS of candy out everywhere. I'm talking Reese's eggs, tons of different mini candy bars, basically it's like Halloween 24/7! Now, in the past I've had the willpower to turn down the occasional "I brought cookies today!" type of thing, but where there is now candy out daily, this is going to be really difficult :( And I say "going to be" because I fell off the wagon and haven't really been dieting, but I definitely want to get back on and start doing well. I just don't know how I'll be able to avoid all this snacking at work though! I'm almost wondering if rather than force myself to abstain completely, I could bring in my own individually wrapped dark chocolates and have 1-2 a day.

What has helped you guys??

Replies

• astrampe
    astrampe Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    Just say no....Avoid the candy or take one a day....that fact that it is there does not mean you have to eat it.....
  • techgal128
    techgal128 Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    Chew gum. In order to eat the candy, you would have to spit out a perfectly good piece of gum and who wants to do that?
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Step away from the Reese's peanut butter eggs... Yes you should bring in your own Dark Chocolate raisins, peanuts, almonds, cashew, cranberries, ... you name it comes in dark chocolate. Fit these calories or make room for these snacks...

You just have to will your self to say no to the bowls of candy that are out.. Just keep in mind the work involved to burn off the "candy calories" .. Yikes..Enormous amount of work.

It is easier to not eat than to work it off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PS: Giggity on the statement you made about it being Halloween 24/7.. funny..funny.. :):)
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Yup. We have this as well. A drawer in the cubicle behind me is full of fun-sized chocolate bars, little chocolate eggs, dum dums, smarties, life savers, etc. In the bottom drawer is usually a box of snack crackers and oreos. A few of us make contributions, and everyone takes from it. The only thing that has helped me is budgeting my calories the day before, and having a fiber one brownie for later in the evening when that snackiness/chocolate craving arrives. I hardly go into it at all unless I forgot to eat something at home that I had already budgeted (and since I work 4 to midnight, there's no turning back). I still put into the stash, though. That way I'm still participating.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Where do you work? I'm on my way!
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »
    Where do you work? I'm on my way!

Giggity on this one too...
  • lairdmk
    lairdmk Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I would take your own treat (like the dark chocolate) that you have already factored into your calorie budget. That way you have something to look forward to. Also, the gum thing works for me too. If you chew a piece of minty sugar free gum, it will kill the sweet craving (at least it does for me),.