Help

ok I don't get how my BMR is 1429 but when I plug everything into MFP it tells me to eat 1800 calories. I work out lifting weights 3x per week. How can u possibly put that in correctly? Any advice from users doing weights. I do cardio also but not a ton. Thanks

Replies

• jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Are you saying that your base goal is 1800 or your goal after entering exercise is 1800?
  • CatHunterFit
    CatHunterFit Posts: 194 Member
    Your BMR is your basal matabolic rate - so the amount of cals your body would burn even if you didn't move all day. The number MFP works from is your TDEE (Total Daily Energy Expenditure) which considers daily activity and is higher than your BMR.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Your MFP goal is set based on your sex, age, height, weight, and activity level. Activity level is meant to consider only your lifestyle activity, not your exercise. Exercise is logged once you do it and those calories are added to your daily calorie goal. You are supposed to eat the exercise calories. Many people feel that the exercise calories are overstated and thus eat only 50% or so. I recommend eating them all to start and then backing off if you feel that you are not losing after a few weeks.