Almost there

Options
Okay, so I have 19 pounds to lose before I hit my goal weight. I have been doing this for 8 months now and have lost 96 pounds. I would like to ask for any advice in maintaining my weight because I don't know where to start. I am scared because I have never made it this far before and I am really proud of all the progress I have made thus far. I would appreciate any and all advice and feel free to add me as a friend. The more support the better. Thanks.

Replies

• nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    That is truly fantastic!

Maintenance is easy. You continue to do what you are doing now except with somewhat more calories. I've maintained 3 years. The hard part is staying motivated. For me, my goal was to stay at a healthy weight forever. So hitting my goal weight was a triumph (I never thought I'd do it). But every day I hit that scale and am still in my goal 'zone' (+- 5 pounds) I've succeeded and get to pat myself on the back.

I'm still logging, but I like logging. I bought a fitbit to measure steps (and earn more calories) when I hit goal.

You are doing so well! You'll get this down.
  • GM16108
    GM16108 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have also reached my weight loss goal. My plan is to take weight regularly every few days. That will help me to maintain my weight. I can take action in case I notice weight gain.
  • beautysrage
    beautysrage Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much to both of you! :0)
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    Amazing achievement so far.

Would really consider a "soft landing" approach as you near maintenance - a slow down in rate of loss. That way it's not a sudden stop and then all of a sudden there's this big scary thing called maintaining for life. In reality maintenance is just the same numbers game as weight loss, to me it's far easier as I have more food to eat.

Would really consider tapering off those shakes as well, you will need to start eating real food and learning portion control.
    If you don't mind me saying your protein intake is dreadfully low many days - it plays a bigger part in retention of muscle mass the leaner you get.