Some of your weirder creations :D

Options
I don't follow IIFYM really, but do try to get a good portion of my targets for the day. However, I no longer cook in fat, and eat a lot more lean meats and such, so often find myself needing more fats at the end of the day. If I realize in time I'll throw a buttery sauce into dinner, but otherwise I just look around the kitchen for stuff to throw together that'll fit the last of my calories and give me fats. Which has lead to some...... interesting.... results.

Some examples I've documented:

akjrl1d2eii0.jpg

(krispy kreme donut, thick sliced bacon, egg fried in bacon fat)

rz7injdtilo1.jpg

(yeast roll with a whole bar of Trader Joe's 72% dark cacao melted slightly. Tasted like the best chocolate donut ever)

These both turned out tasting pretty amazing! Strangely, the second was a bit better than the first. I think the yeasty taste marries better with chocolate than egg. Also I think the donut needed to be maple-glazed to really mesh with the bacon.

Anyone else come up with some strange but oddly good combos?

Replies

• Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    We made hamburgers on croissants instead of buns once. They were great!!
  • glevinso
    glevinso Posts: 1,895 Member
    Options
    Lately I have been mixing greek yogurt with raw quick-cook oats and a little raspberry jam. I'll bring it to work, so by the time I get there the oats have softened a bit but are obviously still uncooked. This is pretty damn filling.
  • jaga13
    jaga13 Posts: 1,149 Member
    Options
    I honestly love throwing all kinds of food together on one plate. My coworkers kind of stare in shock at my lunches lol. I just don't care. If it meets the criteria I'll do it. Lately I like mixing 1/3 cup oatmeal with 1 tb peanut butter and a small container of cottage cheese for breakfast. I realize it's not for everyone.
  • spoonyspork
    spoonyspork Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    jaga13 wrote: »
    I honestly love throwing all kinds of food together on one plate. My coworkers kind of stare in shock at my lunches lol. I just don't care. If it meets the criteria I'll do it. Lately I like mixing 1/3 cup oatmeal with 1 tb peanut butter and a small container of cottage cheese for breakfast. I realize it's not for everyone.

I have a hard time eating anything before 10am (though I do drink a big creamy coffee), and work is always busy, so usually I just opt for a super-powered 'brunch' of either oatmeal or cream of wheat, with protein powder, peanut butter, and bananas stirred in. Really like making it soupy and spending an hour drinking it while working, and it leaves me filled til I get home. Really weird when I think about it though! I'll have to try it with cottage cheese :D
  • PearlAng
    PearlAng Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    Mmmmm! Sometimes I put equal parts of peanut butter and coconut butter on bread (usually rye). I also love PB+ Any berry flavored Chobani.

Also bacon crumpled into caramel swirl ice cream. With cinnamon.
  • jaimie555
    jaimie555 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Broccoli slaw, sugar snap peas, and ginger salad dressing. Lots of food for around 100 calories. 2 cups of nutrient dense and filling food.
  • healthygreek
    healthygreek Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    I had a craving for chocolate and peanut butter but I had no chocolate except for hot cocoa mix, so I mixed it into my peanut butter. It was pretty good, although a bit gritty.
  • annette_15
    annette_15 Posts: 1,657 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Chicken cooked with splenda and cinnamon, then topped with pancake syrup and a sweet potato with almond butter...lol SO GOOD!

rmou5QL.jpg
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options
    Blueberry bagels with American cheese is about my weirdest combo. It's so good.
  • avskk
    avskk Posts: 1,789 Member
    Options
    These both seem pretty weird to me (I think because they're more "diety" than I usually eat), but are extremely good: rice cakes smeared with Laughing Cow Swiss cheese and PB2, and cottage cheese with a bunch of diced tomatoes & cucumber and a bunch of salsa verde. They've become my go-to snacks when I don't have many calories left for the day and want something either sweet or savory.
  • MissBabyJane
    MissBabyJane Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    I don't think it's weird, but I'm eating super yummy breakfast for a month... Yogurt with walnuts, honey and cinnamon! It's really filling, I don't feel hungry until lunch... Also I love oats cooked with chocolate soy milk! It becomes like really thick pudding. lol
  • pcrucifer
    pcrucifer Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Kimchi omelettes. Peanut butter on chocolate graham crackers. Green peppers and baked beans. Cheese curds in spicy applesauce. Garlic salt and hummus on hard boiled egg whites.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    Sweetener on vegetables
  • cityruss
    cityruss Posts: 2,493 Member
    Options
    Cheesy peas.

Garden peas, with melted cheese mixed in.

UK users of a certain age should be able to name the comedy show that brought cheesy peas to national prominence.

Also, a UK'er, peanut butter and jelly (jam) is still considered a bit of an oddity, however in my house it's a weekly staple.
  • PearlAng
    Options
    @cityruss -You should throw that PB+J on the grill. I made PB+J on rye and grilled it and it was great!
  • cityruss
    cityruss Posts: 2,493 Member
    Options
    PearlAng wrote: »
    @cityruss -You should throw that PB+J on the grill. I made PB+J on rye and grilled it and it was great!

That's tomorrows breakfast sorted! :)
  • PearlAng
    Options
    cityruss wrote: »
    PearlAng wrote: »

That's tomorrows breakfast sorted! :)

Awesome! :smiley:
  • hollyrayburn
    hollyrayburn Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    In an attempt to hit protein:

Some egg scrambled with avocado, placed on top of a bag of steamed brocolli, topped with a can of tuna, and drizzled with srircha and A1.

It was effing good, too!
  • kimw91
    kimw91 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    People find my habit of putting fruit on my toast (cottage cheese & banana or strawberries, almond butter and nectarines) rather strange. Not to start on my blueberry jam, fried egg and spinach sandwich. Which, btw, was great.
  • hollyrayburn
    hollyrayburn Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    avskk wrote: »
    These both seem pretty weird to me (I think because they're more "diety" than I usually eat), but are extremely good: rice cakes smeared with Laughing Cow Swiss cheese and PB2, and cottage cheese with a bunch of diced tomatoes & cucumber and a bunch of salsa verde. They've become my go-to snacks when I don't have many calories left for the day and want something either sweet or savory.

I prefer cottage cheese with veggies over fruit! Try it with chopped up brocolli!