I need a "heavy" filling food that is reasonably healthy (strange craving for more food)

Options
2»

Replies

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    It's happened to me too. Been really rough actually the closer I've got to my goal.

I made stuffed peppers the other day... Brown some ground turkey or beef (about 4-5oz) with some onions, salt and pepper, and Italian seasoning, mix in a couple tablespoons of tomato sauce. Cut two peppers, remove the seeds, then put the mixture inside and add some mozzarella, then bake in the oven at 350 until cheese is melted. I made it last time with 1/2 serving of rice too (I just mixed it in when it was cooked). Delicious and pretty filling.

Or spaghetti squash with turkey meatballs and tomato sauce (can add peppers and onions to the sauce as well).

Tonight I spiralized a zucchini, cooked it with seasoning with a tomato cut in small chunks, and had 3 ounces of shrimp with it. I only had 200 calories left for dinner and that was 160 calories, so I had two hazelnuts too...

Veggies sadly tend to make me feel bloated but not full lately, or I would just eat 300g of veggies with some salmon and potato.

Will keep checking the thread for more ideas!
  • sandryc79
    sandryc79 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I have great luck with skim or low fat milk...full of both slow and fast digesting protein. Also, egg drop soup, home made. Really low calorie but warm and filling. The eggs give you protein too which I find satiating.
  • norie92
    norie92 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for your input. All really good ideas.
  • Taylor0212
    Taylor0212 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I do chicken, black beans, corn, and some salsa. Rinse it (excess sodium) and mix it together like a taco salad and eat over lettuce like a taco salad. Easy for meal prepping!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Bag of frozen veggies and some meat.
  • mistikal13
    mistikal13 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    When I'm feeling that hungry I go for a big plate of roasted veggies or something fatty like nuts, avocado, etc
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    Options
    I agree with soup.

And beans. Beans are super filling for me. I suppose it's the high fiber. I add them to soups, chili, salads, etc.