First Run With Garmin Forerunner - FAIL

Options
Hey all experciend Garmin users. Here's the run i did this morning. Why isn't there a map or any details like other people have?

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/326063575

Do i need to change some settings or something?
I tried to upload it to Starva as well and it only logged 19 mins and said i was on a treadmill and did 0kms?

I'm very confused and don't want the same thing to happen when i run again

Thanks
Christina

Feel free to add me on there too :)

Replies

• JoanB5
    JoanB5 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    What Garmin model did you use? Do you have the GPS feature enabled? Did it show that it linked to the satellites before you began? Sometimes on a cloudy day or under heavy tree coverage, you may have difficulty getting it linked (especially the first time you use it).

Edit to add: even though I'm signed into my Garmin account, it won't let me see your page.
  • xcmum
    xcmum Posts: 136
    Options
    Forerunner 410. Yep GPS is on. Maybe because it was cloudy or a satellites thing? No trees just a residential area.
    Yesterday i started it up and just ran around the house and the map showed up so it's strange.

Edited to say - I have checked the privacy off button so you should be able to see thanks
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    I have the 410 also. When you first hit the training side of the bezel it should show a "locating satellites" bar... like a loading bar. Once that is finished, it will go to the stopwatch. If it doesn't go on its own, it is likely it didn't find the satellites. Sometimes shutting it down and turning it back on will help (in the menu section).

If in doubt, hit the "GPS" part of the bezel (left) and tap satellites. It should show accuracy within just a few feet. If it shows no distance marking under the bar graph looking thing, it doesn't have a lock on them. In the training mode you'll see a little X through the satellites icon at the very bottom. If you're using the HRM function/strap the icon is just to the left of the HRM icon.
  • xcmum
    xcmum Posts: 136
    Options
    Thanks Mrsbigmack!! I have seen the locating satellites. I think i didn't leave it for long enough. I might go around the block later and just check it out :)
  • JoanB5
    JoanB5 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Yup, I usually sit my watch in a window while warming up, or let it try to get satellites while doing a warm up walk...if the bar doesn't load ALL THE WAY, it's not connected and will not log the run. Your distance will show "O", so you know to wait or run without it. (I have a 305).