Boxing/lifting

I have been boxing for awhile now! My body has transformed so well I am greatful. Boxing is relaxing it's not for everyone. But if you have a high level of stress or anger then oh it's for you. Just go to town on a heavy bag for 30 minutes an you burn more calories then 30 minute walk. I started lifting more and more my arms and legs are toned. Don't worry ladies it's ok to lift don't let anyone tell you other wise. But you have to want it an have someone show you proper form if not you will hurt something. And always stretch before and after working out. If you don't you will regret it!! So if you would like some help feel free to message me :) I'm all about helping people!

Replies

• Move4Abs
    Move4Abs Posts: 22 Member
    I loved the boxing class I took for a few weeks! Absolutely KILLED my knuckles (how did you deal with that?), but I loved the workout and feeling in powered. I may look into it again once I get some things sorted :) Great post, keep up the hard work!!
  • csman49
    csman49 Posts: 1,100 Member
    No better workout than a proper boxing workout!
  • rockinrodders123
    rockinrodders123 Posts: 22 Member
    When I work out in the home gym I always work the punchbag for 20 minutes after doing weights, a few basic punch/kick combos and a bit of general smashing it. I switch betwen high tempo and hard hitting.
    It's a great cardio boost as it gets my heart rate right up and burns more calories (according to my Garmin HRM) than running/jogging.
  • val7inda
    val7inda Posts: 8 Member
    @Move4Abs you can buy the hand wrapping tape or you can just push threw it. I have two different kinds of gloves. Boxing an mms gloves. I use my mama gloves more because they are open figures less padding and my knuckles still bleed. NEVER SHARE GLOVES with anyone unless you know them and trust them. Boxing gyms they just spray theirs down with a cleaning product like they use for tanning beds. So always bring your own gloves.