Any thoughts?

Options
Ok Started my final weight loss journey hopefully ever in January. I've lost 27lbs in 15 weeks. It averages out to about 1.8lb loss a week.

I have MFP set to lose 1lb a week at present and have 1480 calories. I earn fitbit calories for walking (I'm set at lightly active but walk everywhere so possibly earning more that way) but I never eat them as I'm not hungry and don't feel a need to.

Can I afford to up my calories slightly seeing as I'm losing almost 2lb a week as opposed to the 1lb a week I want to lose? I have only roughly 14lb to my goal weight and I really don't want to lose lean mass without actually meaning to.

What would you do in my situation? I clearly have a higher TDEE than I give myself credit for or I wouldn't be losing so much more surely?
Ha how many people ever complain that they are losing too quickly in here? Not many lol

:)

Replies

• weavingtheweb
    weavingtheweb Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    You say you don't feel the need to eat your excersice calories back but now wonder if you should up your calorie goal.
    Why not just eat your exercise calories and see what happens? That's what I am planning since I lose way too fast with eating about half of them, will eat all of it now and hope to slow to 1lb a week.
  • NobodyPutsAmyInTheCorner
    NobodyPutsAmyInTheCorner Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    You say you don't feel the need to eat your excersice calories back but now wonder if you should up your calorie goal.
    Why not just eat your exercise calories and see what happens? That's what I am planning since I lose way too fast with eating about half of them, will eat all of it now and hope to slow to 1lb a week.

I haven't been using them as I don't see my walking as exercise, it's just my normal day to day activity iyswim? I even set myself as lightly active so I didn't end up with excesses of walking calories. I'm not hungry at the end of the day so assumed I was eating enough. I may try eating 50% of walking cals back and just eat more calorie dense foods to use them rather than scoffing for the sake of it lol
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    The fitbit extra cals only appear if your activity exceeds what you set as the basic / normal activity. It takes me about 3000 steps to break even against my sedentary setting. You should probably use them esp if losing too quickly.
  • NobodyPutsAmyInTheCorner
    NobodyPutsAmyInTheCorner Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    yarwell wrote: »
    The fitbit extra cals only appear if your activity exceeds what you set as the basic / normal activity. It takes me about 3000 steps to break even against my sedentary setting. You should probably use them esp if losing too quickly.

Cheers! I shall definitely start eating most of them as I really don't want to maintain such a ridiculous loss each week.