Darn workout calories

Options
Never did I think I would complain about workout calories. But good golly already. I ran 5.4 miles today, not exactly sure on the calories... my IPod isn't calibrated quite right. It said 900... I went with 750 since I didn't go quite as fast as it thought. We had spaghetti and garlic bread tonight and I felt like a total pig! Only to log everything for the day and find that I still have 691 calories left!!!! What on earth am I going to do to eat 691 calories in 2 hours before going to bed. :grumble:

And to all of you right now that want to kill me for complaining about TOO many calories I am sorry!! I totally understand. This is definitely a new one for me. Darn marathon training! :happy:

Replies

• proudmama0118
    proudmama0118 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Never did I think I would complain about workout calories. But good golly already. I ran 5.4 miles today, not exactly sure on the calories... my IPod isn't calibrated quite right. It said 900... I went with 750 since I didn't go quite as fast as it thought. We had spaghetti and garlic bread tonight and I felt like a total pig! Only to log everything for the day and find that I still have 691 calories left!!!! What on earth am I going to do to eat 691 calories in 2 hours before going to bed. :grumble:

And to all of you right now that want to kill me for complaining about TOO many calories I am sorry!! I totally understand. This is definitely a new one for me. Darn marathon training! :happy:
  • elliott062907
    elliott062907 Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel, the thing is.... you don't have to eat up all your gained caloties.

I worked for 5 hours yesterday cleaning, loading, packing, moving and today I mowed with a push mower, uphill and ditches.....

Trust me, you would be so full and bloated if you used them all.....
  • proudmama0118
    Options
    I decided to make me a big glass of chocolate milk (300) at least that way I get some calcium... might make me some toast maybe with pb before bed for a nice little snack and then call it a day. Guess I will have to plan ahead and eat more good calories through out the day if I plan on running like a crazy person! :laugh: :laugh:
  • dshandt
    dshandt Posts: 192
    Options
    Well, I lifted weights today, a total of over 27,000 pounds with all the reps on all the machines....but no credit for calories!!! Go figure!
  • alimassa
    alimassa Posts: 275
    Options
    I know the feeling....I ran 7 miles on Saturday and I felt like all I did all day was eat afterward. I had an extra 750 cals to eat!! The best part is I am still down in weight...even after a day of eating 1900 calories! Who knew!?! :tongue:
  • proudmama0118
    Options
    Well, I lifted weights today, a total of over 27,000 pounds with all the reps on all the machines....but no credit for calories!!! Go figure!

Enter it in under cardio rather then weights. Search for strength training and it will give you your calories.
  • alimassa
    Options
    Good Call on the Choc Milk!! I would not have thought of that one!! :drinker:
  • strongmom
    strongmom Posts: 72
    Options
    So isn't it better to not eat the extra calories from working out? I guess I am confused.
  • proudmama0118
    Options
    So isn't it better to not eat the extra calories from working out? I guess I am confused.

No, because MPF already subtracts the calories needed to lose weight when it gives you your number. So if you don't eat the workout calories then you are risking starvation mode.
  • alimassa
    Options
    As long as you eat your daily requirement you are fine....but if you work out and get extra calories, you really should eat them to see your max benefit. If you do not, you will get the little "warning" on the home page about putting your body into starvation mode....gotta love it when the computer yells at you! I try to get with in 100 cals per day.....It seems to work as I am down 10 pounds in 6 weeks!

I have read some really good posted and information about making sure you eat all of your calories per day...if you dig into the message boards, there is some wonderful info! I will post a link if I can find it...
  • strongmom
    strongmom Posts: 72
    Options
    Oh, I don't think I will ever risk starvation mode...I LOVE those exercise calories. I will work out twice a day if I know I might eat something more..although today I didnt do that, and I ate more..so bad me.