I understand

Options
Its easy for 95% of the population to put it on but what about us?!

First and foremost im here to gain for fertility reasons. Im a 28 yr old mother of an 8 yr old girl. Ive always been slim but proportionally curved. Before my daughter i weighed 120-125 no more or less than that range, and im 5'9. I only gained 15 pounds during my pregnancy despite the fact i ate non stop nicknamed " snackems" from my fellow safeway co workers since we got employee discounts on groceries and free food from the deli. Long story short, i had a healthy baby who is petite like me. But i lost 20 pounds after having her (maybe breastfeeding?? ) but never have gotten back up to my regular weight of 120-125 im now pushing 104 after stopping my birth control 2 years ago. WTF? And i eat and cook very balanced meals and indulge in snacks. Now i want to conceive but its bot happening due to my weight. Can any offer advice or shate similar experiences?! ;-)

Replies

• kiyapiya
    kiyapiya Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Calculate how much calories you eat on a regular basis and then eat 200- 500 calories more than that.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,412 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Gaining weight is the same for you, as others. The main difference seems to be, you learned from early on to have smaller portions and probably focus on lower calorie foods (a lot of which is habitual). Knowing that, without seeing your diary, I would suggest add more nutrient dense foods such as nuts, avocado, certain greek yogurts, adding cheese to meals, ice cream, peanut/nut butters (even straight out of the jar) or higher calorie protein bars/shakes.
  • peanutk81
    peanutk81 Posts: 5 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Very very similar situation here. BF takes so much out of me. I only gained 12 pounds with my second son and lost 20. I'm now ensuring I get above 3000 cal per day. I'm adding so much throughout the day. I was 116 at 5,7 which is still underweight but I've always been small. Now I'm pushing 100. I need to gain. Lots and lots of healthy fats. Olive and coconut oil, nuts, seeds, whole grains, full fat dairy and now I'm adding ensure plus. And we had to do IUI with meds. My body weight didn't allow me to ovulate properly.