HUUUUUUNGRY days!

Options
2»

Replies

• Lexicpt
    Lexicpt Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    These are the days where I have a big bowl of soup. Something about the warmth makes me feel fuller.
  • spzjlb
    spzjlb Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Yes, but those days are fewer now that most of my food is higher in protein.

I made some yummy squares and oatmeal cakes with lots of protein powder, chia & hemp seeds and precut them into small pieces to freeze (I was inspired by some of the MYF recipes). If I feel snacky or hungry, one piece with some tea is really helpful to keep hunger at bay. If I want something salty, I will eat a few bites of cottage cheese. Those strategies have been remarkably satisfying.

I often bring some plain Greek yogurt mixed with a few bits of fresh fruit as an emergency snack to the office. I'll have it for breakfast the next day if I don't need it, but having it on hand has been really useful.

I find that if I slip and grab a regular cookie or something with lots of sugar, it often send me on a spiral to eat more and more. For my munchies, it's the protein that helps with control.

I hope this will help someone!
  • sandryc79
    sandryc79 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Lexicpt wrote: »
    These are the days where I have a big bowl of soup. Something about the warmth makes me feel fuller.

I was actually thinking that too. Lately I have been perfecting egg drop soup. I get a huge bowl of it for low calories and it is perfect for when I am starving (or feeling that way).