Foot Problems

Options
carissacaines
carissacaines Posts: 10 Member
edited April 2015 in Fitness and Exercise
I am finally at a place in my life where I want to workout everyday and have been having success getting healthy and losing weight. But now I am having some trouble with my foot.
The back of my ankle and the ball of my foot get very sore with impact of any kind. Sometimes just walking causes me pain. I have been ignoring it and pushing through but it does make working out less enjoyable. I will have to go see a doctor of course, but I'm just wondering if anyone else has ever experienced an injury that sounds similar and how did you handle it?

Replies

• carissacaines
    carissacaines Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I am finally at a place in my life where I want to workout everyday and have been having success getting healthy and losing weight. But now I am having some trouble with my foot.
    The back of my ankle and the ball of my foot get very sore with impact of any kind. Sometimes just walking causes me pain. I have been ignoring it and pushing through but it does make working out less enjoyable. I will have to go see a doctor of course, but I'm just wondering if anyone else has ever experienced an injury that sounds similar and how did you handle it?[/quote]

• jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    It could be Plantar Fasciitis. Never neglect your stretches, especially after vigorous exercise, especially your calf stretches.

http://www.runnersworld.com/tag/plantar-fasciitis

This is not a pain you can push through and it takes a long time to recover from I am afraid.
  • jk051861
    jk051861 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    There is a tendon that runs from the ball of your foot to the heel. Don't ask me to spell it. Do foot stretching exercises. Hold the ends of a towel in your hands; lie down; put the ball of your foot in the middle of the towel. Pull on the towel to stretch your foot toward you. This will stretch the plantar tendon as well as the achilles tendon in the back of your heel. If you keep your leg straight, it'll also stretch the hamstrings.

Make sure when you do any aerobic activity to come all the way down on your heels. Don't stay on your toes.

Make sure your shoes have good support.