Looking for 2-3 people for a "support system" who need to lose 100+ lbs

Options
starz160
starz160 Posts: 50 Member
Hi! My name is Samantha. I am 28 and weight 295 lbs. My ideal weight (per my doctor) is around 155. I need to lose 140 lbs! That is almost HALF of my body weight.

I am looking to form a specific online "support group" through MFP. People who need to lose 100+ lbs who will post updates and replies frequently. I find that being held accountable by others is the best way to accomplish one's goals. I also think that by meeting people who are similar to myself, we can work together to accomplish our goals and become friends in the process.

If interested, hit me up!

Replies

• Deborah1229
    Deborah1229 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I need to lose 135 lbs. If life to be part of your support team pear
  • starz160
    Options
    Thank you _incogNEATo_. Right now, I'm looking for just a couple people to be friends with so it's more personal rather than just reading through large forums. I appreciate your help though! Deborah, I added you as a friend! After I get a few people, I'll create a private group for all of us.
  • Treece68
    Treece68 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    I am trying to get down to 150 so I have 115 to go
  • starz160
    Options
    Treece, do you think you'd like to be a part of a small, more personal group?
  • mikonei
    mikonei Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    This sounds like where I belong. At 5'10" I am currently about 300 pounds and am looking to get below 200. A small group seems like it would offer more accountability than larger ones I have joined.
  • jonmazingly
    jonmazingly Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Still looking for support buddy??
  • amlynn16
    amlynn16 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Let me know if you need encouragement. Ive lost 110 pounds and having a support system is key.
  • starz160
    Options
    mikonei and jonmazingly, I sent invites. Amlynn, I hope to one day be able to say that too! You rock!