How long did your FitBit One last...

Options
jetortola
jetortola Posts: 198 Member
edited April 2015 in Fitness and Exercise
I'm looking to purchase a FitBit One and thought I would save some $$ and buy second-hand. I'm curious as to the approximate life-span of units out there in operation, as one advertisement is for a 2 year old unit... wouldn't want to buy it if its lucky to still even be working!

Thanks!

Replies

• BarbieAS
    BarbieAS Posts: 1,414 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    My Fitbit One has lasted me for not quite a year and a half so far. No problems yet, but I'm not expecting it to last much longer - 2 years seems about right for the useful life on these things. You can absolutely give it a try, but don't spend TOO much on it. You can find them brand new for $80 or so if you look really hard (not always but frequently you can find a sale); if these people are asking more than $40 I wouldn't bother.
  • jetortola
    jetortola Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    BarbieAS wrote: »
    My Fitbit One has lasted me for not quite a year and a half so far. No problems yet, but I'm not expecting it to last much longer - 2 years seems about right for the useful life on these things. You can absolutely give it a try, but don't spend TOO much on it. You can find them brand new for $80 or so if you look really hard (not always but frequently you can find a sale); if these people are asking more than $40 I wouldn't bother.

Thanks for this! This one was asking $60, which is too much IMO for a 2 year old model. There is a "never opened" for $80... (I offered $60 but didn't get a response).

I may go with a Zip for now... may be able to get one "new in box" for $40. Saving the sales tax makes a difference here too. If I love it then I'll upgrade to the One for my birthday or something. :) It's coming out of my "fun money" budget, which I prefer to save for socializing IRL! ;)
  • aarar
    aarar Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    I've been using my Fitbit One every day since January 2013, I've had to replace the holder thing, but the Fitbit itself is still working great.