Thoughts on Dave's Killer Bread?

Options
Is it good for you?

Replies

• AleciaG724
    AleciaG724 Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    I love it, especially the Blues bread, but all flavors are good. Delicious toasted! It's high in carbs but full of whole grains and nuts. Calories are equal to two slices of whole wheat bread so I eat it sparingly. I keep it in the fridge so it lasts longer.
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,021 Member
    Options
    You could do a lot worse.
  • foot1647
    foot1647 Posts: 92
    Options
    My favorite is the Sprouted Wheat version. Instead of flour for dough, they grind the small green wheat sprouts into a paste and add the seeds and oats to it and that's it! I live 2 miles from their bakery in Milwaukie, Or so I just go buy it there once a week, its half the cost of store price!

As for your question about if its bad or not... Well compared to un-naturally fortified breads with GMOs, bleached flours, corn syrups and man made vitamins, its 100% better for you. In my opinion anyways, I'm not a nutritionist but I'd rather eat the Organic stuff over the other stuff any day. I only have 1 body and I need it to be healthy, I prefer to eat real food and spend a little more for myself and my children than to go slightly cheaper and feed them man made processed foods.

If you're worried about calories they have a super seed variety (with 21 whole grains and seeds) with 60 calorie slices. Its really good too!