I can't decide on where to go from here.. Suggestions? (Pics)

Options
Hey!
So, I've been cutting a bit, and my plan so far has just been to cut until I feel ready to perhaps do a bulk.
Thing is, I'm starting to feel pretty lean, but at the same time I personally still think I have just a teeny bit too much belly fat to comfortably bulk. (Not sure what effect the muscles would have on how my belly looks though, maybe I'd like it more anyway?)

I'm 21y/o, 5'6", ~128 lbs.
I've been cutting since February 9th where I started at ~136 lbs.

JkFpxbx.png

Should I maintain and go for a recomp right now instead? Cut more, then bulk? Bulk right now? Buy twelve cats and just live as a crazy cat lady for the rest of my life? (I kinda vote for the last one but I need other opinions.)

UGH, I'm the one who gives tips like "Do what you personally feel!", and here I am asking for people's suggestions.. :tongue:

Also, I posted this in the maintenance forums because it was sorta the option in the middle.. I guess.

Anyways, I'd be thankful for any thoughts or suggestions, cheers!

Replies

• xcalygrl
    xcalygrl Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    Do you lift now? If not, start doing that. You may be quite surprised at how your body looks after a few months of heavy lifting, regardless of if you keep cutting or switch to a recomp.
  • Allelito
    Allelito Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    xcalygrl wrote: »
    Do you lift now? If not, start doing that. You may be quite surprised at how your body looks after a few months of heavy lifting, regardless of if you keep cutting or switch to a recomp.

I do, I've been doing A Workout Routine's Beginner workout routine, only since the 16th of march though so I'm still quite new to it. Might continue lifting and cutting a little bit more and see what happens to my body!
  • Vcorz
    Vcorz Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Bulk. Youre ready. You don't have much belly fat.
  • Allelito
    Options
    Vcorz wrote: »
    Bulk. Youre ready. You don't have much belly fat.

Hmm, yeah maybe I should. In any case, I'm getting kind of tired from cutting lately. Not as in sick and tired of it, but my body and mind actually feels constantly tired.
  • xcalygrl
    xcalygrl Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    That program looks like a knockoff of Stronglifts and Ice Cream fitness with slightly different rep ranges/sets.

This is what I would personally do if in your position.
    If you're tired of eating in a deficit, then I would slowly reverse diet up to maintenance. This will allow you to recomp. Recomping is a slow process though. I would also look into switching over to something like Stronglifts or Ice Cream fitness. Basically, you'd be doing your same program but only doing 5 sets of 5 reps each, lifting progressively heavier each time you successfully complete a workout. (There is an app that makes tracking it easy.)
  • Allelito
    Options
    xcalygrl wrote: »
    That program looks like a knockoff of Stronglifts and Ice Cream fitness with slightly different rep ranges/sets.

This is what I would personally do if in your position.
    If you're tired of eating in a deficit, then I would slowly reverse diet up to maintenance. This will allow you to recomp. Recomping is a slow process though. I would also look into switching over to something like Stronglifts or Ice Cream fitness. Basically, you'd be doing your same program but only doing 5 sets of 5 reps each, lifting progressively heavier each time you successfully complete a workout. (There is an app that makes tracking it easy.)

I'll definitely look into switching over to Stronglifts, it's obviously very popular and most likely for a reason.
    Thanks for the suggestions!
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    If you aren't sure and are tired of cutting then recomp is the obvious choice.
    Even if you decide to bulk later finding your true maintenance calories and building a foundation of strength will only be beneficial. It will also be refreshing mentally and physically.

It doesn't have to be forever. But depending on your ultimate goal it may get you where you want to be.
    If you do decide to bulk later then winter might be a better choice?
  • Allelito
    Options
    sijomial wrote: »
    If you aren't sure and are tired of cutting then recomp is the obvious choice.
    Even if you decide to bulk later finding your true maintenance calories and building a foundation of strength will only be beneficial. It will also be refreshing mentally and physically.

It doesn't have to be forever. But depending on your ultimate goal it may get you where you want to be.
    If you do decide to bulk later then winter might be a better choice?

Yeah, I like how this sounds. I'm thinking I'll slowly up my calories until I find maintenance and then stay there for a while and keep lifting. And as you say, I'd rather not bulk right before summer anyway.. :tongue:

Thank you guys, I think I know what I want to do from here! :)