Quest Protein Powder

Options
I ordered quest bars last week and was offered a sample of their strawberry protein powder. Now, I am wondering if it would taste good just mixed in with water or should I make a smoothie with it? I have never used protein powder in my life.

Thanks!

Replies

• ewhip17
    ewhip17 Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    I use Quest protein powder just about every day - disclaimer: I like the way it tastes, and have never liked other protein powders in the past. Others will have differing opinions... :smile:
    Regardless, I use it both ways. If I mix it with just water I leave it in the fridge for a while before drinking because I prefer it really cold. Otherwise I throw it in a blender with ice, half a banana, 1/3 cup milk, cinnamon and nutmeg. Super tasty, low cal and good protein source when I'm on the go or between meals.
  • FitPhillygirl
    FitPhillygirl Posts: 7,124 Member
    Options
    I usually mix my Quest protein powder with water, however, I've mixed it with 8oz of Almond milk which has a good taste as well. I <3 Quest protein powder and bars.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    I was so excited to see quest protein powder was finally available in Australia! !
    Until I saw it cost $65 plus $9.95 postage, and this was discounted price! Other places have it at $85 for a piddly 907g (2lbs).
    I just can't justify the price :disappointed:

How much do you guys in the U.S pay for it?
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    Options
    You can blend a frozen banana with it for extra flavor if you'd like, but honestly that stuff is good with just water or unsweetened almond milk, even.
    However, I found that everything tastes better blended with Silk's very vanilla soymilk! That stuff is great x.x
    You could also throw in a small tablespoon or so of some flavored nut butter (for strawberry perhaps you could try a chocolate hazelnut spread, for example). Be creative! Although their strawberry flavor isn't my favorite (which would be their Vanilla Milkshake flavor), I have yet to be disappointed with their powders! You'll love it!
  • rwethington654
    rwethington654 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    ewhip17 wrote: »
    I use Quest protein powder just about every day - disclaimer: I like the way it tastes, and have never liked other protein powders in the past. Others will have differing opinions... :smile:
    Regardless, I use it both ways. If I mix it with just water I leave it in the fridge for a while before drinking because I prefer it really cold. Otherwise I throw it in a blender with ice, half a banana, 1/3 cup milk, cinnamon and nutmeg. Super tasty, low cal and good protein source when I'm on the go or between meals.

Yay, thanks for the tips! I think I will love it, I love their bars!
  • rwethington654
    Options
    hgycta wrote: »
    You can blend a frozen banana with it for extra flavor if you'd like, but honestly that stuff is good with just water or unsweetened almond milk, even.
    However, I found that everything tastes better blended with Silk's very vanilla soymilk! That stuff is great x.x
    You could also throw in a small tablespoon or so of some flavored nut butter (for strawberry perhaps you could try a chocolate hazelnut spread, for example). Be creative! Although their strawberry flavor isn't my favorite (which would be their Vanilla Milkshake flavor), I have yet to be disappointed with their powders! You'll love it!

Thanks so much for the ideas! And I doubt this would be my favorite, I would probably like chocolate or peanut butter the most. But I believe that I will love it as well, I love their bars. I was just wondering if their powders actually tasted good. This gives me hope and I'm so excited.
  • rwethington654
    Options
    Eileen_S wrote: »
    I usually mix my Quest protein powder with water, however, I've mixed it with 8oz of Almond milk which has a good taste as well. I <3 Quest protein powder and bars.

That's good to know! I was mostly wondering if it actually had a good flavor, but that's what they're known for. I love their bars as well!
  • ewhip17
    ewhip17 Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    Yeah I love the bars too and that's how I ended up trying the powder. I've just done a lot of experimenting to find combos I like. Honestly my favorite is vanilla quest powder, ice, cinnamon, a little milk and a cup of chilled coffee. So good....