really need a booster of support

Options
I'v been trying to get back in shape since I gained weight since my metabolism seems to be slowing down since I hit 24. I just can't seem to stay motivated with working out because I always feel like I'm doing the workout wrong and idk I could use some help keeping my confidence going

Replies

• kern11
    kern11 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    the most important thing for fat loss is eating in a calorie deficit. working out just allows you to eat a little more, but not a whole lot. maybe start by just focusing on nutrition.
  • lorislosingit
    lorislosingit Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Why do you feel you are doing the workout "wrong"? Is it a workout you like? Find things you love to do! :smile:
  • tri_bob
    tri_bob Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Weight loss in the kitchen; fitness in the gym, or on the road, or wherever you do your moving around. Maybe you just need to find a workout that doesn't have you wondering if you're "doing it wrong." Go for walks, find a Zumba class, re-enact classic scenes from Risky Business or Footloose, whatever. If you dig it, you'll do it.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Metabolism slowing down at age 24? I got a kick out this... :):)

I hate to say it, but you are your own motivator.. Yes perhaps some kind words from us strangers on the internet might help for a minute, but you got to do the work...

As the poster said above, weight loss occurs in the kitchen.. If you want to be fit, stronger, heart healthy, or even look better naked.... then this is in the gym or where ever you want it to be.. that gets that heart pumping... (looking better naked comes in the gym with weight lifting)

This HAS to be something you enjoy doing or just as you are now, not very motivated by doing your workout now.
    I do not know what that workout is, but sounds like it is time to reassess your fitness goals (if this is a goal) or just concentrate on your diet..