I need help with updating weight

Options
I am debating on updating my weight. On Thursday I was 159 lbs then I weighed in after a weekend of crazy high sodium eating and now I am 165 lbs. should I update my weight or keep it at 159?

Replies

• HollisGrant
    HollisGrant Posts: 2,022 Member
    Options
    You've probably retained a lot of water. Why don't you skip the scale this week and weigh next week?
  • Fighting4Healthy
    Fighting4Healthy Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself daily. I know I shouldn't but it is my OCD. I have to weigh in daily to see my progress or I will fall off the wagon. One of my friends suggested that I see where I am at in a week and go from there. So I am going to drink lots of water and see how low my weight will go next Monday.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    I weigh daily, but I only log Friday morning's weight - no matter what it is.
  • Fighting4Healthy
    Fighting4Healthy Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Ready2Rock206- I do the same thing I weigh everyday but only log Thursday mornings weight.
  • EniBee
    EniBee Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I log everyday as well regardless of how much I have put on. I used to skip, but decided to log everyday. It can be quite disheartening to see the profile go in the wrong direction, but when you loose the weight after a few days, it is such a relief! When I look at my weight profile (after a few weeks/months), it actually tells a story, so I am glad that I log the "good" numbers as well as the "bad".

Hope this helps!!
  • fatsnacker
    fatsnacker Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I would never record any increases, make it motivate you to lose next time
  • jwdieter
    jwdieter Posts: 2,582 Member
    Options
    If it helps you achieve your objectives to ignore information, ignore information.

If you are interested in how your body works, log everything and review. You'll notice trends and relationships.