2 weeks in and 7lbs down..

Options
Vidarsbane
Vidarsbane Posts: 30 Member
So I had my first weigh in today since starting my healthy eating and more exorcise regime officially on the 15/4/15. Two days earlier than my plan but I took advantage of being in town and using the Body mass calculator at my local pharmacy which is far more accurate in recording weight than most scales I'm told.

It was oddly nerve wrecking, using it even though nobody was paying me even the slightest bit of attention I felt like all eyes were on me. I guess a lot of you guys will know what I mean.

Well as the title says, 2 weeks and 7lbs down. I'm pleased but realise I have a very very long way to go still. I just can't wait until I get up one morning, look in the mirror and see a version of myself that closer resembles how I want to look and feel. To finally do away with my CPAP machine (I suffer from obstructive sleep apnoea) and just get a good, natural nights sleep.

I can't wait to start going camping and to festivals again, to run around the park after my kids without getting stupidly tired etc.

Replies

• Marcia661
    Marcia661 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Fantastic!!! You must feel great. keep up the most excellent work :)
  • Vidarsbane
    Options
    I'm happy it's going in the right direction finally but I don't feel great... Don't get me wrong I'm not struggling with my diet or anything and am not miserable but I think great will come when I have to tighten my belt again etc. :)
  • surfteam1689
    surfteam1689 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Try Kirkland's Natural Psyillium Husk Fiber - 1 tablespoon with 16 ounces of water - every single morning. You sort of have to slam it. It will clean the *crap* out of your stomach, and the fiber also helps lose body fat. Your gut will feel lighter, and it may help you sleep better.
  • shadowfax_c11
    shadowfax_c11 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    Great job! I was about the same place you are at two weeks. Now it's been 5 weeks and I'm down 16. So exciting to find something that not only works and makes sense, but is also sustainable over a long term.
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    Vidarsbane wrote: »
    I'm happy it's going in the right direction finally but I don't feel great... Don't get me wrong I'm not struggling with my diet or anything and am not miserable but I think great will come when I have to tighten my belt again etc. :)

Pace yourself and manage your expectations. Other things come in time, but you have to still be doing it to see them. 1lb a week over a period is an ok rule of thumb and dont forget it starts off quikly and then slows down the closer you get to target.
  • Vidarsbane
    Options
    While at first I felt I didn't need a site like this to keep track of my calories, it's great that it takes away most of the hard work for you and shows you what you're actually putting in to your body. I'm very glad I joined.

Thanks for the advice, I know that it's going to take a long time and will happen more slowly than I'd like but as long as it's going in the right direction that can only be a good thing.