Welcome to Week 1

BC4Sheryl
BC4Sheryl Posts: 13 Member
Welcome to the My Body Kick Start Challenge! By now you should have read through and have started on your week 1 activities. Each week you will have a challenge in each of the three categories: Food, Feeling, and Fitness. Don’t short change yourself on these steps. Really take the time to log your food and feelings. Buy a journal or note pad that will be used just for this challenge. Date the pages and be specific. When you read your notes in the future, you will want to clearly understand what you were feeling at the time you wrote them.

During this challenge, we will send you subsequent information, tips, and even mini challenges. We will post blogs and use that tool for team support, discuss questions, and provide additional tips. We will encourage you to post your accomplishments, struggles, ideas, recipes, etc.

Studies show that people that share their goals with those that support them are 3 times more likely to succeed in reaching those goals. People that work together on similar goals are 5 times more likely to succeed in reaching those goals. We not only want to help support you in your goals, we want to be one of your partners.

Since we're just getting started, let's take a baseline. Log your current weight, body fat %, waist, hip, and thigh measurements. Measure your waist at 1 inch above your belly button, and your hips at the largest area. Remember where you measure, so you are consistent in the location for your next measurement at the end of week 4, then again at the end of week 8. We have a body fat measurement tool that you can use to measure your body fat %. See the CSR the next time you are in to get your body fat % checked. IMPORTANT: Check your body fat % prior to a workout, as the workout will alter your results. If you need help with your measurements, see a CSR, Merrill, or me (Sheryl), and we can take them for you.

We emailed you a soft copy of both the challenge, and the tracker/planner sheets. Please let us know if you did not receive it.

Feel free to email us at BodyConscious@comcast.net or post a blog in our My Body Challenge group on MyFitnessPal for any questions you may have.

You can do this!

The Staff at Body Conscious