79ojgxosho5x.jpg
    39982ax4o2pg.jpg
    z46pyng36xc8.jpg

I love these!!!
  • egwhiz
    egwhiz Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    egwhiz wrote: »
    Anyone here into photography? I was years ago and my camera broke but I kept the lenses. I went out last night and bought myself a new camera the canon rebel SL1. I haven't had a chance to use it yet but here's some photos I've take recently with my phone because I didn't have a camera.

Like you I was into photography when I was younger and have gotten back into into it in recent years.

If I can make a suggestion. Now that you have a DSLR, start shooting in camera RAW format and subscribe to the Adobe photo Creative Cloud package that gives you Photoshop and Lightroom. Shooting in RAW is much more forgiving, and gives you a lot more latitude for adjusting, exposure, color balance, etc. IMHO Lightroom is an awesome for working with photos, well worth the $10/mo subscription fee.

Finally, there's lots of great photo tutorials out the for free on YouTube.

Thank you for the tips I do have photoshop currently and have heard great things about Lightroom!
  • cilleriania
    cilleriania Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I use lightroom - it is fantastic. Worth it if you are shooting in RAW
  • eddiesmith1
    eddiesmith1 Posts: 1,550 Member
    Options
    egwhiz wrote: »
    Anyone here into photography? I was years ago and my camera broke but I kept the lenses. I went out last night and bought myself a new camera the canon rebel SL1. I haven't had a chance to use it yet but here's some photos I've take recently with my phone because I didn't have a camera.

I'd love if others shared their photos!!
    7qo6whvcb7ly.jpg
    jvup08xt3q95.jpg
    xhpa5uag6s2a.jpg
    9zyh7idfbcdt.jpg
    nmnk05k5wb1e.jpg
    lba3y321u8cj.jpg
    5p07ircsbqq8.jpg

That healer is a beauty
    On my phone so it's easier to direct you to my flicker this album has a few shots of my whackjob
    https://flic.kr/p/rs9XsE
  • Surgtek07
    Surgtek07 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    ua8tydxsocvd.jpeg
    yvjmbs9kb5j6.jpeg

These were some of my very first attempts with time lapse/night time exposures. I happen to be really proud of them.