A stranger at the gym made my day!

Options
2»

Replies

• xonophone
    xonophone Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    I recently paid a similar compliment to a lady at my gym. I've seen her most mornings, and when I first joined 1 1/2 years ago, she was very overweight, with teriible posture, and she walked very slowly and painfully with a cane. Now, she has lost some weight, stands upright, and does laps on the indoor track at a good clip, without her cane. I've been wanting to say something to her for several weeks, but didn't want to embarrass her. Plus, this is New England, where people would rather cut off a toe than talk to a stranger...but the other day I finally stopped her to tell her how fabulous she looked. I can only hope that my compliment made her feel as good as you did because I truly believe we all need to be recognized for our successes and hard work! I'm very proud of you - for a total stranger to notice you must have worked very hard indeed! :flowerforyou:
  • htebaram
    htebaram Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: 55 # loss is great...it sounds like you had a wonderful day, and you deserve it!
  • ab_shutterbug
    ab_shutterbug Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    It's a good reminder to say something nice to 3 strangers every day. Can YOU do it?
  • toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Options
    I recently paid a similar compliment to a lady at my gym. I've seen her most mornings, and when I first joined 1 1/2 years ago, she was very overweight, with teriible posture, and she walked very slowly and painfully with a cane. Now, she has lost some weight, stands upright, and does laps on the indoor track at a good clip, without her cane. I've been wanting to say something to her for several weeks, but didn't want to embarrass her. Plus, this is New England, where people would rather cut off a toe than talk to a stranger...but the other day I finally stopped her to tell her how fabulous she looked. I can only hope that my compliment made her feel as good as you did because I truly believe we all need to be recognized for our successes and hard work! I'm very proud of you - for a total stranger to notice you must have worked very hard indeed! :flowerforyou:

Thanks everyone!

There was a woman at the gym that I used to go to and I always wanted to say something to her about how great she looked thansk to her hard work, but like you, I didn't want to embarrass her. Now I wish I had said something.
  • xonophone
    xonophone Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    It's a good reminder to say something nice to 3 strangers every day. Can YOU do it?

I love your philosophy! You are a very kind and warm person.:flowerforyou:

There, now I only have to find two more people to be nice to today!
  • genann
    genann Posts: 236
    Options
    So I was at the gym today in the locker room, and this woman was doing her hair in the mirror. She turns to me and said "I just have to tell you how good you look! I have been coming here for four months and I see you here all the time, and you look so good. You can see the difference and tell you've been working hard!" I was speechless (which, if you knew me, you know never happens! :laugh: ) but finally managed to thank her and tell her she made my day! It was so nice! At the gym I used to go to, last year, this woman who didn't speak English very well would make nice comments to me. I forgot how good it feels!

So if you ever thought that about someone at the gym, and were hesitant to tell them, do it! It'll make you both feel great! :flowerforyou:

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: Flowers to you and the nice lady at the gym.....
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!