Steak with pepper sauce

Options
bareessentials56
bareessentials56 Posts: 30 Member
Does anyone have a recipe for pepper sauce to go with steak like they do at restaurants? I've tried heaps of different recipes but none have become like a gravy sauce

Replies

• Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I cook the steak then set it aside to rest and deglaze the pan with a spash of red wine. As soon as that's simmered down to nearly nothing, I add a cup of beef stock and a can of drained green peppercorns and let that come to a simmer, mixing it well. in a small bowl, mix a tbs of corn flour with enough water to make a runny paste. Take the pepper mix off the heat, stir in the corn flour slurry while whisking, return to the heat and whisk until thickened (this will happen fast, be ready to take it off the heat again quick). You can also add some crushed garlic at the red wine stage.

You can omit the wine if you don't have some handy.
  • runningforthetrain
    runningforthetrain Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    I cook the steak then set it aside to rest and deglaze the pan with a spash of red wine. As soon as that's simmered down to nearly nothing, I add a cup of beef stock and a can of drained green peppercorns and let that come to a simmer, mixing it well. in a small bowl, mix a tbs of corn flour with enough water to make a runny paste. Take the pepper mix off the heat, stir in the corn flour slurry while whisking, return to the heat and whisk until thickened (this will happen fast, be ready to take it off the heat again quick). You can also add some crushed garlic at the red wine stage.

You can omit the wine if you don't have some handy.

:p ...drool here
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    OH, meant to add - it you'd like it creamier, stir in a tbs of sour cream once it is off the heat ;)
  • fitoverfifty
    fitoverfifty Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    that sounds good...I will have to try that :-)
  • mistikal13
    mistikal13 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    That does sound good, might have to give it a try.