Options
Anyone else try it before?
On day 3!

Replies

• Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I truly believe that this diet was devised as a prank, so that someone could see how many people they could convince that hot dogs and saltines were a miracle combination. I also believe that the original prankster still can't believe the joke is still going.

PS: it has absolutely nothing to do with any military anywhere, except maybe one that is under siege and is living on the remenants of food sourced from the looted 7-11.
  • HeySwoleSister
    HeySwoleSister Posts: 1,938 Member
    Options
    It's fabulous as an easy idiot test.

As in...if you believe it, you're an idiot.
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options
    It's the blurgh diet. Tuna fish, hot dogs and ice cream. In other words, what I ate when I was broke and living in NYC when I was 18 years old. All that's missing is the Rice-A-Roni.

No thanks.

I did lose weight back then. I was too poor to afford enough to eat.
  • DeannaCoersCarter
    DeannaCoersCarter Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I do want to say that this diet works. However, it is just because of the cut down on calories. I strongly suggest trying out just counting the calories and eating what you want so that you're less likely to bounce back. Good luck with whatever you do and have an amazing day!
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    No.

Stahp.
  • hillarysuetx
    hillarysuetx Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I do want to say that this diet works. However, it is just because of the cut down on calories. I strongly suggest trying out just counting the calories and eating what you want so that you're less likely to bounce back. Good luck with whatever you do and have an amazing day!

Definitely agree. I just wanted to put it to the test. I just had a baby and getting started is always the hardest. Thanks for the advice. :)
  • DeannaCoersCarter
    Options

Definitely agree. I just wanted to put it to the test. I just had a baby and getting started is always the hardest. Thanks for the advice. :)

You're welcome!
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    what are you doing on day four? Going back to regular eating and gaining the 5 pounds in water weight that you lost, back?
  • hillarysuetx
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    what are you doing on day four? Going back to regular eating and gaining the 5 pounds in water weight that you lost, back?

Actually, no.
    Going to try to stay under 1,200 calorie daily intake. Thanks for the concern.
  • ndj1979
    Options

Actually, no.

why are you trying to stay under 1200???
  • DeannaCoersCarter
    Options

Actually, no.

I would eat at least 1200 otherwise it's going to hurt your body. Otherwise, the calorie counting sounds like a great plan. :)
  • hillarysuetx
    Options

Actually, no.

I'm new to this app, when I signed up it asked what my goal was and it said for my goal to stay at 1,200 calories and I should reach my goal. I'm no professional body builder nor am I a nutritionist. I'm just here to try and reach my goal. I just had a baby. If you have better advice for me I'd appreciate it.
  • jkal1979
    jkal1979 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    I really hope that you aren't breastfeeding while eating so little. I'm only bringing it up because you said you just had a baby.
  • hillarysuetx
    Options

Actually, no.

I would eat at least 1200 otherwise it's going to hurt your body. Otherwise, the calorie counting sounds like a great plan. :)

That's the plan.
  • DeannaCoersCarter
    Options

Actually, no.

I'm new to this app, when I signed up it asked what my goal was and it said for my goal to stay at 1,200 calories and I should reach my goal. I'm no professional body builder nor am I a nutritionist. I'm just here to try and reach my goal. I just had a baby. If you have better advice for me I'd appreciate it.

I've just really started getting in to this myself but I have lost 19 pounds. I would say 1200 is the lowest you should probably go. You'll do great and lose weight that way. It won't drop off suddenly or anything like that but it will come off slowly.
  • hillarysuetx
    Options
    jkal1979 wrote: »
    I really hope that you aren't breastfeeding while eating so little. I'm only bringing it up because you said you just had a baby.

No, unfortunately I'm way past that. My milk never came in. I'm 5 months pp.
  • ndj1979
    Options

Actually, no.

here is my advice.

set MFP to a reasonable weight loss goal, like one pound per week, and eat to that number.
    get a food scale and weigh all solids and as many liquids as possible.
    set your macros percents (in customer settings) to 35% protein, 35% carbs, and 30% fats.
    make sure that you are eating nutrient dense foods like chicken, rice, fish, vegetables, etc; however, this does not mean that you have to deprives yourself of things that you like, like pizza, ice cream, cookies, etc.
    realize that no foods are "bad" in the context of an overall diet, there are just bad dietery choices.
    This is not necessary, but find some form of exercise that you enjoy like running ,walking, strength training, and incorporate it into your day.
    ditch the fad diets like the three day military diet…
    repeat until you get to desired results
  • hillarysuetx
    Options

Actually, no.

here is my advice.

set MFP to a reasonable weight loss goal, like one pound per week, and eat to that number.
    get a food scale and weigh all solids and as many liquids as possible.
    set your macros percents (in customer settings) to 35% protein, 35% carbs, and 30% fats.
    make sure that you are eating nutrient dense foods like chicken, rice, fish, vegetables, etc; however, this does not mean that you have to deprives yourself of things that you like, like pizza, ice cream, cookies, etc.
    realize that no foods are "bad" in the context of an overall diet, there are just bad dietery choices.
    This is not necessary, but find some form of exercise that you enjoy like running ,walking, strength training, and incorporate it into your day.
    ditch the fad diets like the three day military diet…
    repeat until you get to desired results

Will do. Thanks for the advice.