Who wants to do Jillian Michaels' 30 day shred with me?

Options
I started today and was a little bit shocked at how out of shape I am :D towards the end I was groaning and gasping like I was about to keel over and die... Having my husband as a very amused audience didn't help any. Anybody want to do the challenge with me?? I plan on taking before and after pictures, very curious to see if there will be a significant change. I have a wedding coming up and my goal is to fit in the dress that I have in my profile picture (18lbs ago). Feel free to add me as a friend, that way I'll feel less all by my lonesome :p

Replies

• cnbell2
    cnbell2 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'll do it with you....I can start tomorrow. You won't be alone :)
  • kvanwaeyenberge
    kvanwaeyenberge Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Awesome ;) good luck! I think what makes it easier to stick with it is that you KNOW it's only 25 min so even when you feel like you're done you always find that little burst of energy because you know the end is near :p
  • ckyjrqueen
    ckyjrqueen Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Where do you find the workout?
  • lwebsmfp
    lwebsmfp Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    I've done this workout before and it's both tough and fun. I was thinking of starting it again soon to mix things up a bit.
  • lillove128
    lillove128 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Where do you find this?
  • kvanwaeyenberge
    Options
    I bought it on amazon prime but I hear they're on YouTube?? I was thinking of moving on to another of her workouts when I was done with this one... Slowly work my way up to the insanity work outs :) Iwebsmfp; when you first tried this, did you see results? And did you take rest days??
  • pariskathryn
    pariskathryn Posts: 173 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Yes! I got the dvd for $9 at best buy but it's online in random places too
  • lakota_walton
    lakota_walton Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'll do It I can start tomorrow
  • kvanwaeyenberge
    Options
    Great! I started yesterday with small weights and am a little bit sore but better than I thought I would be :) it's hard enough to be challenging but not so hard you want to give up right away
  • kvanwaeyenberge
    Options
    Level 1 Day 2 today... The first couple of minutes were really hard, my calves were killing me! But pushed through and do glad I did, after a shower I feel fantastic!
  • pariskathryn
    pariskathryn Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I'm gonna start tomorrow! Finals week coming up so it'll be the perfect way to procrastinate.
  • angelexperiment
    angelexperiment Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    Just so you know I heard a good step up after would be body revolution by jm then she has her new program body shred there is also killer body which is like a preview of what is in the body shred program those are comparitive with insanity as they are 90 day programs and similar in price and as many dvds too. There is a thread on here somewhere I think in success stories with pics on body revolution she had amazing results!.
  • cpanus
    cpanus Posts: 19,410 Member
    Options
    I'll start tomorrow.
  • stephym74
    stephym74 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm on Day 5 of level 2 of the shred. I did it after my first baby and it really helped me lose the weight and now I'm doing it after my second baby to help me lose that last stubborn 13 pounds! If you stick to it and combine it with a healthy low fat eating plan it really does work, I'm 10 pounds down now and it's all been done at a healthy pace. What I would say though is don't be too hard on yourself if you need to take the odd day off. I know it says do 30 days straight but I've had the odd day off and actually felt better for a day of rest. Also, I could barely make it through level 1 when I started it and was shocked and appalled at how unfit I was, well now I can steam through level 2 (which is a killer!!). So, that's my long winded way of saying stick at it, it really does get results and your strength and stamina will improve so quickly. But there's a part of the level 2 when Jillian says "I want you to feel like you're gonna die" and I seriously did, I wanted to punch the TV
  • kvanwaeyenberge
    Options
    Just about to start Level 1 Day 3! Totally off topic but I just baked a marinated turkey from Aldi's Active Fit Brand, so good! Try it if you haven't already my husband is licking off his plate :p
  • kvanwaeyenberge
    Options
    Thanks Steph for the feedback! Looking forward to the same results :)
  • Emrldsun
    Emrldsun Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    lillove128 wrote: »
    Where do you find this?
    It is available on youtube for free. They've started a new 'fitness' channel so all three work outs are available on there if you just search Jillian Michaels 30 day shred week 1.

Also, im on day 3 of the challenge. It's rough. lol

• JBROC5
    JBROC5 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I started 3 weeks ago with another MFP friend. We are on level 2 and I think some of the exercises are a bear!! I have several of JM DVDs and I usually add a few circuits from her No More Trouble Zones dvd or her Burn Fat, Boost metabolism dvd after finishing the 30 min of the 30 day shred dvd. Those two are great because you can do the entire 40 min dvd or just pick a few circuits. I definitely feel stronger! I didn't loose much the first two week but this week I sure did! I have 7 more days of level 2.
  • cpanus
    cpanus Posts: 19,410 Member
    Options
    Level 1 Day 1 completed. I'd finished this a long time ago. Thought I would just wiz right through it...ah, nopey, nope! Kicked my hinny this afternoon! Can't wait for tomorrow and the complaining muscles.

I also got a 5 mile walk done with my DH and our grandpuppy this morning along with another challenge. I'll be doing the same tomorrow.

Hope everyone has a great Sunday.

Chris
  • mirandan731
    mirandan731 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm on level 1 day 3 today. So stoked to complete the shred!