Favorite running/jogging shoes?!

Options
2»

Replies

• lmr0528
    lmr0528 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    I've always had good luck with Adidas Kanadia. Definitely go to a running store and get fitted. Everyone is different so what's good for other people won't necessarily be a good fit for you.
  • AllanMisner
    AllanMisner Posts: 4,140 Member
    Options
    I need shoes that provide stability and a wide toe box, so I go with New Balance. Hard to give a type, as the keep discontinuing models and I end up having to hunt for their next generation. It seems other brands are coming up with more wide models, so I may shop around next time.
  • BigLifter10
    BigLifter10 Posts: 1,152 Member
    Options
    earlnabby wrote: »
    Salomon Women's XT Wings 3 W Trail Running Shoe. I have bad arthritis in my right foot and these are great support and compression. Best shoes I have ever worn! I am a convert to Salomon and they are so lightweight too. (also available in men's)
    c6ce55c7-a66c-44a9-a023-ca2913fa3fab_zpsfyznfzel.jpg

Oooh, I like those!!! As for my input - the ONLY shoes I can comfortably run in are New Balance 840v2. They are wide enough, deep enough in the toe area, nothing to pinch or rub, and nicely adjustable. They are neutral and cushioned. I add my own inserts for additional comfort and don't lose space. (they are not cute though :(
  • BigLifter10
    BigLifter10 Posts: 1,152 Member
    Options
    I need shoes that provide stability and a wide toe box, so I go with New Balance. Hard to give a type, as the keep discontinuing models and I end up having to hunt for their next generation. It seems other brands are coming up with more wide models, so I may shop around next time.

Discontinuing - yes! Soooo frustrating. Love them, though. The hunt continues.....a sure thing in life, right? :)
  • chesnity3
    chesnity3 Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    Brooks Adrenaline 15s. Getting fitted helped with the knee problem I was having.
  • PeachyPlum
    PeachyPlum Posts: 1,243 Member
    Options
    My husband used to run in those (Nike Free) until I convinced him to get fitted at a running store. He now runs in Brooks Ghosts and he no longer has knee or lower back pain when he runs.

I overpronate (but only with shoes on) so I need a stability shoe - I'm an Asics fan and wear the GT-2000. I'm on my third pair.
  • bsavednow
    bsavednow Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I love my Brooks GTS Adrenaline. I used to have problems with my ankles when I ran but they help so much!
  • Samstan101
    Samstan101 Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    Whichever Adidas Boost for neutral runners I can find on offer when I need a new pair (I tend to change roughly every 400 miles so go through 3 or 4 pairs a year - hence the 'on offer' hunt!)
  • debrakgoogins
    debrakgoogins Posts: 2,033 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I am not a runner but I love walking. I got fitted at a professional running store and now I wear Brooks. I have three pairs. One for everyday, one for outdoor walks and one for the gym. Get fitted - it is worth the money to buy shoes that are customized to your gait, arch and personal needs.
  • gdyment
    gdyment Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Find out which class of shoes you need (there are 3 choices). Once you know the kind of shoe you need, it's a matter of what feels best for the price. Don't cross types - if you are neutral don't buy shoes meant for pronators - it's not worth the injury/pain risk. Most running stores around here are color coded to the 3 different classes so you just stay in your color area.

A shoes store employee can usually tell you by watching you walk or you can do the wet-foot test:

http://www.runningshoesguru.com/2009/03/a-simple-test-to-determine-your-foot-type-neutral-pronator-supinator/