I'm new, and I really need some friends for support!

Options
UrianaZeta
UrianaZeta Posts: 19 Member
Hi everyone!

I am 41 years old, 5 foot 3 and I weigh over 300 pounds. I was born in Boston, MA and I live in Vancouver, BC with my husband. He is very supportive in some ways, but in some not. He has been overweight before, by like 20 pounds, but nothing like what I am having to take care of!

I am hoping others who have had to lose massive amounts of weight will support and friend me.

In my life I am very shy, and only have a couple of "friends." I usually only scrapbook with them, and see one or both possibly 2 times a month. I am so serious about getting healthy and losing weight!!

I love this site, and find it easy to use and very helpful for the whole calorie counting thing. I never really calculated my intake of food before in any meaningful way. I really, for the past few years, have done nothing in the way of exercise, and I mean that.

I really just feel like I am spinning out here all alone. I want to do this so BAD, but having no one to talk to who truly understands what I am up against is really hard. So, there it is. :)

Thanks for reading all that!

Replies

• trixiedeb
    trixiedeb Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel. It is really hard to try to lose weight. I have tried a lot of different diet plans that were too restrictive. Hopefully, this can be a lifestyle change for me.
    If you want someone to support you on your journey, you can talk to me anytime you want. Friend me. Hope to talk with you soon.

• mhealea
    mhealea Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Hey Uriana and Trixie,
    I may not have lose a massive amount of weight but I have lost about 40 pounds and will do my best to help you both if you would like.. I do belong to a great online fitness family and I mean family.. they are very support whether you have 2 pounds to lose or 200. if you, would like just a friendly accountability, I will do my best, but if you would like to be a part of my online fitness family just let me know! we have great health recipes, meal plans and great supportive people..