Jogging through house?

Options
The last couple weeks I have been actually jogging around the inside of the house counting my laps especially when I want to meet my goal on steps. Even when I do the laundry I carry only one piece at a time to the washer and job back and get at each piece so I can get more steps in and I actually take the long way around the house. When getting them out of the dryer I repeat the same process I am actually amazed at the number of steps I can get in doing that. I'm wondering if it is becoming an addiction. Does anyone out there do something similar to get your stepson.

Replies

• techgal128
    techgal128 Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    I just did that recently and found out that people can view my fitbit path. It's a little embarrassing when someone asks you why you ran in circles for 30 minutes. lol
    Seriously though, whatever works!
  • Eudoxy
    Eudoxy Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Yes I've been running around the yard and driveway every so often. Everyone's laughing at me but the dog, he gets it (and is loving all the random action)!

I'm psyched, I just put on my headphones and danced around the house, making sure to move my feet a lot, and got 800 steps for one song.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I did the same thing today. I was not as OCD about carry one sock to the drawer though...LOL :D:):)

But I have a goal for 10,000 and on a really active day. On my non exercise days my goal is 5000 and on exercise days it is 10000... I will march in place, or even walk laps in the house...

You are not weird... I promise... :):)
  • WhatMeRunning
    WhatMeRunning Posts: 3,538 Member
    Options
    I get weird looks when I run into the store after parking in the spot furthest away. I get even weirder looks when I run back to the car while pushing a cart full of groceries to the farthest end of the parking lot. You also have to run halfway back generally as the furthest cart return tends to be more towards the middle of the parking lots for some reason. Not that I mind. I do slow down before sending the cart into the corral at least. But I run back to the car. Then I wonder why I drove in the first place. Probably could have run the whole way. But then would have to run back with the cart...then back home again. Hmmm...I'm liking this idea.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    Op I do everything you mentioned.
    I lose track of how many laps around my house I do, plus all the laps up and down my street! My neighbour's must think I've lost the plot :laugh:

And yes I will admit I'm addicted and a little OCD about getting my steps in everyday. .